ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I have a PCI HD2400 Pro(0x94cc), will the driver for the HD2600 Pro also work for the HD2400 pro intel platform? I am running iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 I have tried 6 tutorials and reinstalled like over 10 times I dont know how else to undo the changes to the plists etc... Any input would be great from any of you guys. Thanks

I hope so on the S-Video... What exactly did you do to get both screens working? What combo update did you use? Which kext?

I tried installing the older one and it seemed to completely disable my video card :-

as i told above i used Mysticious C´s update method to go from 10.5.2 directly to 10.5.5 after a clean install. then i installed the new driver with no success, so i went to safe mode and deleted all ati related kext´s and installed the old driver from this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry767227

wich did not work for me on 10.5.2 on my first install attempt and viola, its working despite of the s-video out, wich seems not to be recognized at all.

Hello, updated my HD 3850 (Sapphire w/ blue PCB, PCI-E, 512 mb GDDR3) drivers to the latest ones + the modified Natit kext posted on page 34, everything went smooth as ice. Temperatures are also lower if compared to the 10.5.2 drivers I was using before as the fan is running at a lower speed. Thank you all for your efforts, your job is highly appreciated! :thumbsup_anim:

Of course, if you need additional info/feedback, feel free to ask!

Wow!!! :thumbsup_anim:

It works!

post-299859-1224428336_thumb.png

Any way to enable QE and CI ?

take a look in system profiler's extensions to check if ATIRAdeonX2000 loaded in leopard.

if no,install these 4 ATIRAdeonX2000 kexts again you have install before and DO NOT install natit in that package.

take a look in system profiler's extensions to check if ATIRAdeonX2000 loaded in leopard.

if no,install these 4 ATIRAdeonX2000 kexts again you have install before and DO NOT install natit in that package.

No luck...

ATIRadeonX2000 not loaded and reinstall your 4 kexts without natit brings the same result: no QE/CI and no ATIRadeonX2000 in loaded extensions...

Do I smth wrong?

Great job guys on increasing more support for Ati gpu. But mobilities are getting left behind, Any chance of any news on the mobility HD 3650 , RV635 device Id 9591 (m86)

I have read that the mobility HD 3650 is just a re-badged ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro RV630 9589, with exceptoion of the fabrication process.

Is there any chacne the HD 2600 kexts/drivers can be modified to make it work. i am not technical at all, so i just may be talking out me A£$%se here.

But in any case, thanks to you guys and netkas also, he appears to be the daddy of ATI in Osx86.

I've got a problem with my graphic cards: I've got 2 identical Club3D HD 3650 in my rig. The first one works flawlessly with QE/CI. I have three monitors. 2 on the first, and one on the second card. I even managed to bypass Natit by using gfx-strings. I created a plist for 2 cards, but only the first one works. What can i do to get the second one working?

My rig:

Asus P5KC

2x Club3d HD 3650

ATAPI DVD-Drive

2x SATA2 HD

Kalyway 10.5.2 + Jmicron patch

I've attached the output of System Profiler for the graphic cards (Bild 1 and Bild 2)

As well as syslog, lspci, ioreg and my plist file in syslog.txt

post-289156-1224515779_thumb.png

post-289156-1224515818_thumb.png

syslog.txt

Can change resolution by using this natit on my HD 3450!

although no CI/QE, but it let me change my resolution from 1024x768 to 1440x900! cheers! :D

Any idea if this will work for Mobility HD 3650??

I am getting my studio 1735 tomorrrrrrroooow...and i just can't wait to try stuff on it.

I had an acer 6592g with ati mobility 2400xt and it never worked proper, neither did the keyboard....or trackpad....so hopefully the studio 1735 may fair better.

thanks

^ That's the question I've been patiently waiting for an answer. I'm just hoping someone can chime in to shine some light. All I need is a straight yes or no. WILL the Mobility HD 3650 be supported in the near future. For flawless support at 1920 x 1200? If not, I may just turn to an actual Mac. :D I really hope someone could just throw in a straight answer whether it's being worked on, it is not possible whatsoever so give up, or YES it is working. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks guys, been watching this forum for awhile now.