Kalyway Hackintosh 10.5.3 Combo Update

56 posts in this topic

Kalyway has apparently released a Hackintosh 10.5.3 Combo Update (for Intel SSE3 CPUs only) a few minutes ago!

Please read the Instructions carefully:

Kalyway Hackintosh 10.5.3 Combo Update

It can be found at the Green Demon.

Try at your own risk & please don't hesitate to share your experiences here!

You can digg it here.

And please don't forget to seed!

I'm unable to connect at all. It's resolving but it's completed hammered. I've tried from various serverrs across the United States. If anyone has already downloaded this update, please mirror it somewhere and post a new link for the rest of us.

I have obtained the 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update with the latest updates and new hacked kernel! I'll be posting a mirror copy of it in approx. 6 hours from now for anyone who needs it. It appears puttabong's site is still getting hammered.

Stay tuned, it's on its way...

Sorry for inconvenience, I am trying to get the server up again!

Indeed, the small box is extremly overloaded at the moment. :-(

Oh yes:the server is down.There is no rush puttabong:take your time... :angel:

Great to see the osx86 community is keeping up :(

It's the fun of the challenege. With all the money I've dumped into various hack jobs, I could've already bought a rather nice Macbook Pro and entry-level Mac Pro (Is there such thing?!). I must say I'm addicted... from the first boot (VMWare "Deadmoo") to the first victory (Native boot from VMWare Virtual Disk), I love it!

It works but it's slower on accelerated graphics. Any ideas why this is the case? Should i reinstall NVInject or is it just some incompatibility?

Thanks for the update!

Asus PK5C

Intel E8500

8 GB DDR2

Nvidia 8800 GTS (512)

Ok, I installed it and it installed with no problem. The only issue I have now is that when I click the time machine icon in the dock all I get is two copies of finder one below the other and the system locks up. I have to do a hard restart to get the system running again.The only other thing is that when I display About This Mac it shows 10.5.3, but for processor it states 3 GHz Unknown. It did this also with 10.5.2 but I never looked into it. The processor is a Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz E8400Thanks for the helpDebraOk, I installed it and it installed with no problem. The only issue I have now is that when I click the time machine icon in the dock all I get is two copies of finder one below the other and the system locks up. I have to do a hard restart to get the system running again.The only other thing is that when I display About This Mac it shows 10.5.3, but for processor it states 3 GHz Unknown. It did this also with 10.5.2 but I never looked into it. The processor is a Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz E8400Thanks for the helpDebra

I was able to fix the about this MAc to show what I want.

I repaired permissions and now when I click time machine on the dock, I only get one finder window but it still locks up. I can how ever click the red button on the finder and then close time machine on the dock.

The rest of time machine works it makes the backups at the scheduled time

Debra

I finally got time machine to work. It was a problem with QE not being enabled. I had to remove the NVINJECT kext and replace it with NVNATIT from the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk.

The only problem is that now my 512MB GeForce 8600 is being reported as only having 256MB.

Will there be new video kext to use with 10.5.3 in future to fix this?

Deb