NVKush solved CI/QE down after 10.5.3

mitch_de

38 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get QE/CI working on an NVIDIA 7300GT PCIe with no success. Tried NVKush's flash based install,..I rebooted,..typed in -f -v to see a number of things get reloaded. After the Apple screen,..I get a black background with a movable mouse.

I've been playing with a number of drivers/installs that people have posted here and have successfully been able to get a 1920 x 1080 resolution but no QE/CI. I played a movie on it and experience laggy playback. I played the same movie on a different OSx86 machine that is running on an ATI HD 2400 PCIe with QE/CI enabled and the file plays fine. That sort of leads me to believe that the culprit is not being able to get QE/CI running on the NVIDIA 7300GT card,..

I did see these number of different plist's that I could modify/generate from the following site, but there wasn't really any posts that I saw that used that generator or discussed anything about it:

http://diabolik1605.com/plister/

Anyone have any other idea's I might be able to try? I'm thinking of maybe just putting XP back on that machine since there doesn't seem to be a way that I can get QE/CI running, but I'd much rather prefer to keep OS X if possible,..

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hiya

NVkush finally gives me QE! vidia geforce 7200 go on an hp pavillion dv6363eu

running 10.5.2 with nvinstaller4.1 geforece.kext etc

generated my plist files http://diabolik1605.com/plister/

downloaded NVkush and removed nvinject which nvinstaller installed

Rebooted and system profiler shoes QE supported

Only problem is 64mb of my vram is detected, afaik i have 256

• 3 weeks later...

ASUS NE8500 Silent Magic

Problem solved thanx to this simple soltion. I edited the Info.plist for setting the RAM (also on Diabolik).

The real great news was that Xbench score went from 198.6 to 212.3! So, that is not just a difference. So thanx to a unsuccesfull update, I am no longer stuck with a NVInject.kext.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have geforce go 6600. NVKush works great for external connector but I get nothing from internal display. From searching around I have found that the vga bios is on the main bios so it is not possible to dump to get the nvcap. I'm pulling my hair out with this. could someone please point me in the right direction. it seems i am hitting brick walls with everything i try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

A friend of mine installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on a Core 2 Quad PC with an Asus P5K motherboard and an NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 graphic card (256 MB version, device ID 0x029E). He used Vanilla kernel and NVinject.

After Kalyway 10.5.3 combo udpate, while System Profiler showed the correct chipset model (Quadro FX 1500) and total VRAM amount, the Core Image acceleration and Quartz Extreme were broken.

The solution was to delete NVinject.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ and install the NVkush kext instead, from the package found at:

http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

Now the chipset model name is not recognized anymore (it displays the sentence "CAN I HAS MODEL?") but it's not a big deal because now the CI/QE problem is solved. 256 MB VRAM are also used.

• 3 weeks later...

i could not get my card QuadPro FX570 work on my T61p :D

This video card has ID 0x040c. I also tried to install NVkush, but no luck, i can get 1680x1050 works however the VRAM is only 32 MB

Could anybody help to make it works?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The plist generator doesn't work for some reason. I had to manually edit it using this guide here http://warp101.blogspot.com/2009/01/modify...for-nvkush.html

Taken from the website above

Here's how to change your installed NVKush driver RAM size:

Open the folder /System/Library/Extensions/NVkush.kext/Contents/, and copy the Info.plist file to the desktop.

Open the Info.plist file with the Text Editor.

Find the text:

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

and right after the </data> insert the text:

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAA?A==

</data>

Depending on the memory, substitute the ? with one of the characters below (in uppercase!) and save the file:

F if you have 320MB

I if you have 512MB

K if you have 640MB

M if you have 768MB

Q if you have 1024MB

Backup the Info.plist as Info.bak in the NVKush folder (read this if you need help), and copy the modified Info.plist from the desktop back to the NVKush folder. Insert password when asked.

Repair the disk permissions (just in case) or use OSX86 tool an repair disk permission, set extension and clear extension. Afterward, boot with -f during darwin and you should be gold.

Note: If you're too lazy, you can use my premade kext for 512mb. I have a 9800GT EVGA. Use kext helper to install and use OSX86 tool an repair disk permission, set extension and clear extension. Afterward, boot with -f during darwin and you should be gold.

NVkush.kext.zip

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The plist generator doesn't work for some reason. I had to manually edit it using this guide here http://warp101.blogspot.com/2009/01/modify...for-nvkush.html

Open the folder /System/Library/Extensions/NVkush.kext/Contents/, and copy the Info.plist file to the desktop.

I don't have the 'Contents' folder in the above path on my system. I do see a NVkush.kext. Without the Contents folder I can't edit the plist file.

My system:

JaS OSx86 10.5.4

nVidia Geforce 8800 GTX 640Mb