NVKush solved CI/QE down after 10.5.3

mitch_de

38 posts in this topic

Hi! I've formatted and reinstalled kalyway 10.5.1 on my VAIO, and then I've installed 10.5.3 combo provided by Kalyway too.

Before I had to format, I had my NV 7400 go with QE & CI enabled with Scottdangel drivers, but only with an external monitor (because internal won't work on sony vaio). So now, on 10.5.3 to get QE & CI have I to install NVInstaller_V41 by Scottdangel and then NVKush or have I to install NVKush only? Thanks!

No luck for me. Got a 7300GT 256MB and still no QE/CI enabled after NVKushinstaller.

Any Idea?

Same issue here... I have an NVS-290 256 No QE. Tried NVKush no joy. How do I get the strings for GX/EFI?

Thanks

Same issue here... I have an NVS-290 256 No QE. Tried NVKush no joy. How do I get the strings for GX/EFI?

Thanks

I have a geforce 8800gtx 768meg and nvkush fixed my video however only shows 256meg. I tried the various info.plist generated from the diabolik1605.com/plister and all of them failed. The files do not keep the plist icon even though I am clearly in plaintext mode in textedit even used pico, seems they are missing a closing tag but even when I fixed that issue still not working. Can someone tell me what I change in the Info.plist to make nvkush see 768megs isntead of 256?

Thanks

FWIW I had the same problem after upgrading to 10.5.3. I renamed NVInject.kext to NVInject.kext.old and installed NVKush and voila, everything is working again now (CI/QE). I have a NVidia 7300GS. Thanks to everyone's suggestions on how to fix this!

FWIW I had the same problem after upgrading to 10.5.3. I renamed NVInject.kext to NVInject.kext.old and installed NVKush and voila, everything is working again now (CI/QE). I have a NVidia 7300GS. Thanks to everyone's suggestions on how to fix this!

I love you. Got a 7300 GT and this saved me from a tedious time machine backup morning...

I have a geforce 8800gtx 768meg and nvkush fixed my video however only shows 256meg. I tried the various info.plist generated from the diabolik1605.com/plister and all of them failed. The files do not keep the plist icon even though I am clearly in plaintext mode in textedit even used pico, seems they are missing a closing tag but even when I fixed that issue still not working. Can someone tell me what I change in the Info.plist to make nvkush see 768megs isntead of 256?

I have the same problem. NVKush fixed QE+CI with 10.5.3 but only 256MB of 512MB VRAM are shown. I also tried the diabolik 512MB plist generator and it failed for me too. However I edited the existing Info.plist in TextEdit to prevent the icon from disappearing.

The problem is due to a little detail in the plist, you can keep your original injecter, explanation here

Bro you are a lifesaver and a GENIUS!! :wub: thank you so much for the tip it works Beautifully and now my machine starts up so damn fast its insane! The little spinner under the apple logo barely makes it three times around and poof my desktop is up. So much better than when I had nvkush installed and it only saw 256 megs.... Now if only I could get to using a gfx string for my card.....

Anyhow much thanks again for a fast response and thanks go out to all who responded to my issue as well.

-Xps

Where could i find NVInject.kext? Thanks!