10.5.3 Experiences. Whats it break?

00diabolic

68 posts in this topic

Started off with Kalyway 10.5.2. I preformed the update but I got the "White menu" problem (my card is an ATI Radeon 3850, 512mb). I did try the original white menu fix found here but it did not resolve the issue. Anyone else experience this problem or know of a fix??

I have managed to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 using instruction from this site -> http://netkas.org/?p=50

I had one minor problem with QE/CI being Unsupported after updating to 10.5.3

Reinstalling Natit / NVinject or EFI GFX string didnt work, luckily i came accross this site, http://www.infinitemac.com/nvkush-to-fix-q...pdate/#more-200

I tried downloading the NVKush installer, install it and disabled any Natit, NVinject and EFI GFX strings in my com.apple.Boot.plist, rebooted, Voila, I have my QE/CI back, screenshot attached.

post-154619-1212471832_thumb.png

I was on leo4allv3 10.5.2 with stock 9.2 kernel and stock ACPI platform. I upgraded to 10.5.3 with 9.3 kernel.

It broke video (Quartz/Core Image only didn't work i.e. was using software rendering), bluetooth, and power management (not ACPI).

I got all fixed but bluetooth.

In my opinion a very nice and easy upgrade.

Just curious, but what are the benefits of upgrading to 10.5.3? More support for hardware? New features? Bug fixes? Does it run faster?

Thanks!

Yeah I would like to know this also. I know there are some fixes but overall on a hack are people seeing better performance then with 10.5.2? I know boot time is better then 10.5.2 and closer to what it was in 10.5.1. Anything else?

For me boot up and shutdown seems faster also xbench score is higher.

In the end easiest update was original apple combo with nextas method.

Jas was ok but not replacing many kext Kalyway never managed ,always stuck at reboot I gave up.

Every fine except time machine not working anymore

I Replaced Ionetworkfamily kext with the one I had on backup disk but no joy..........

with mine

I lost wireless and sound

got wireless working then reinstall sound worked fine but now wireless gone

i installed ALC883-3linesouts sound came back. restarted and wireless lost

the wireless i am using is usb DlinkDWL-G122 can't do much without internet my router is miles away next to my kid PC.

Updates

Fixed the sound. and changed the kernel to Kabyl kernel 9.2 and the wireless came back

I am very happy. everything works. all I need is a rest :)

I have had nothing but great success with 10.5.3. I completely reinstalled my system to a GUID partition scheme (before I was using MBR) with EFI v8 and retail dvd install from a previous working leo install. Stock kernel and all stock kexts with the exception of SMBIOS, dsmos and natit, which I might remove and add efi strings if I can figure that out for my 7600 gt card. My cpu temps are down from 50-60 at idle to 35-39! I am not sure if it just wasn't reporting properly before or if in fact it is running cooler. These temps are pretty close to what I get in Vista, which is typically around 32-35 Celsius. My system seems more stable and everything works including sleep. Next step is to reinstall Vista 64 on this drive and get dual-boot working again.

Problems: None worth mentioning. Had to redo my video efi string and apply the AHCI fix.

Improvements: GUI feels snappier. Don't know why, but Firefox is lots faster. Boots about 10 secs faster. Shutdown and restart is more reliable now.

I'm pleased and will be migrating my main drive to 10.5.3 after a few more days of testing.

I have a dell D630 with the GMAX3100. Attempted the 10.5.3 update and it smoked my internal video. I can get that video to push through an external with full QE/CI supported, but all i get on my internal video are rose and pink and orange colored lines.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hi guys,

After 10.5.3 update, I had to correct nvinject "scoreprobe" to have QI/QE working.

I change power.bundle kext to recover battery meter.

(Thx to all people for topics about theses subjects :blink:)

The good point is now DVD player works good (I had black screen before)

There is a problem that compromise stability :

Sometimes, randomly, my OS freeze, at boot or when i put or use USB drive or key.

The desktop is always visible and mouse move.

I change IOUSBfamily, storage, ... but the problem is the same

I try kernel 9.3.0 vanilla and modbin.

Someone know something about that ?

There is a specific point to verify ?

Installs fine here, with the exception of the AHCIfix.

But I can only boot in safe mode.

If I boot normally I get a black screen with a mouse cursor on it.

Using NVInject 2.1 on my 10.5.2 is fine with either QuattroFX 1400 or GS7300.

But same result both cards after 10.5.3,

What am I doing wrong?

;)

Hi folks, I updated from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 on an Intel Core 2 Duo Lenovo X60 laptop. It boots but I get a blank blue screen when I would normally be presented with a login screen.

It's not rendering the login screen to the VGA out, I checked that, so I don't know I'm stuck at BigBlankBlueScreen.

Suggestions?

(I used Kalyway Combo Update and chose not to install the 9.3 Kernel, I believe.)