Just a little problem with 8800 GT

blkhockeypro19

6 posts in this topic

hey guys, Im really dying to figure this problem out. I have an XFX 8800 GT 512 mb graphics card running kalyway 10.5.2 with EFI and stock kernel and an intel mobo. when Im backing up my computer or have a lot of windows open, my dock magnafying/genie minimizing effect get choppy. also, large windows get jaged squared edges when they minimize all the time, sometimes less than other times. i also tried running some games like call of duty 2 and it was choppy no matter what resolution I played it on. im using a DVI cable to connect to my 22 inch monitor. I have tried nvinject and the EFI string method and both r OK, but still arent as smooth as they should be with a 250 dollar card, and like i said, it works fine in windows, so its not the card. has any1 had this problem or solved it? thanks a bunch in advance ;)

what does about this mac -> more info -> graphics give you? paste it all here.

also try changing the monitor to use the other DVI port on your card.

Ive tried both DVI ports and both result in the same thing. my install is not working atm but i remember most of it. I used the EFI-String method and I got-

Name-Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT

Ram-512 mb video ram

Quarts Extreme-Supported

Core Image-supported

connected via DVI

and uh, finally- resolution-1680x1050 (full)

and there was something that said hardware exelarated...hope that this helps :angel:

well you should be getting different performance/speed from both ports, only one of them will give you full acceleration in OSX because of driver issues. you're sure you get the same behaviour from both ports?

• 3 weeks later...