10.5.3 is available as an update

53 posts in this topic

This update have some corrections for laptop pcmcia card?I tried update the IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily with IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8_src.zip and PCCard.10.5.2.beta3.kext.zip but when i update the IOPCIFamily my kernel start in panic.My version is kaleway 10.5.2 and my pc is hp 530 santoz :angel:This update have some corrections for laptop pcmcia card?I tried update the IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily with IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8_src.zip and PCCard.10.5.2.beta3.kext.zip but when i update the IOPCIFamily my kernel start in panic.My version is kaleway 10.5.2 and my pc is hp 530 santoz ;)

the kalyway comboupdate 10.5.3 worked as expected for me. i installed it with flying colors and no driver meltdowns upon reboot. although i dont have a graphics chipset that is prone to have trouble with standard drivers.

:wacko: on another note, i'm slightly annoyed that i had an almost exact post placed up yesterday and the mod's deleted it for what reason i have no clue. I mentioned that the 10.5.3 update for kalyway, jas and also an amd specific update was available at your favorite spots" and that you could go and check it out... Now i see tons of more literal posts on these forums suggesting or even naming websites or indeces to go and search for things.

just pisses me off a little...

Your post was not deleted, check first, it is in this thread, it was merged, here it is: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=763191

The las post that of you tah was delete is from Posted on: Apr 16 2008, 04:43 PM, and even that was deleted with the whole topic, not only your post.

So don't be pissed and blame deletions.

I had no luck previously trying to install 10.5.1, so currently I am running a version of 10.5.0 that was installed as a complete image from a file called "leopard-x86-flat-img".

So my question is - should I be able to install the 10.5.3 update over 10.5.0, or is it a requirement to upgrade (or install) 10.5.1, then 10.5.2 before finally installing the 10.5.3 upgrade?

According to this page http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...omboupdate.html, system requirements are "10.5 or later" - but obviously that applies to a real Mac. Can anyone confirm if this is also true of a hackintosh?

Pretty please?

TIA

Yes because COMBO means that it has all updates that were released before included (10.5.1 and 10.5.2, also security updates).

OK - s'what I figured, but I didn't know if there was something else I needed to scared of first ;-)

Thanks!

Your post was not deleted, check first, it is in this thread, it was merged, here it is: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=763191

The las post that of you tah was delete is from Posted on: Apr 16 2008, 04:43 PM, and even that was deleted with the whole topic, not only your post.

So don't be pissed and blame deletions.

unfortunately i don't have the time to be on these forums all day, tho i'm here often. how was i supposed to know it was merged. after all when a post is moved, there's still a link there that says it was MOVED..... I even checked all my previous posts to make sure and it wasn't there either... thanks....

OK - s'what I figured, but I didn't know if there was something else I needed to scared of first ;-)

Thanks!

Oh well.... hosed it is then. When I reboot using -v, I see about 4 lines super-fast saying something like loading system somethingorother then machine reboots. Any suggestions gratefully received, otherwise I do a reinstall tomorrow...

Thanks

unfortunately i don't have the time to be on these forums all day, tho i'm here often. how was i supposed to know it was merged. after all when a post is moved, there's still a link there that says it was MOVED..... I even checked all my previous posts to make sure and it wasn't there either... thanks....

merged topics cannot have links like moved topics.

if You go to your profile you can see all you post in a list that is sorted by date, lastest first.

Looks like it killed my ALCinject too, as well as switched my NVInject to software mode.

I tried the Probe adjustment to 0000, but same problems with NVinject. I switched to NVKush, and it came up correctly with full acceleration.

Adjusting the Info.plist was challenging on NVkush, since the site to help you cranks out a bad structure for the Info.plist. (Caused a number of reboots back and forth until I went line by line through it and figured out the extra <dict> in there.

I still have not gotten ALCinject back online. Any suggestions?

on a Dell Vostro 1500,

AHCI seems to have died...

during verbose boot right after install, com.apple.driiver.AppleACHIPort doesnt load, gives following message:

"13AppleAHCIPort is not compatible with its superclass, 10IOAHCIPort superclass changed?"

so the hard drives dont load and it waits for root device.

I changed the BIOS settings from AHCI to ATA and it boots fine, but back with 10.5.2 it worked fine with AHCI.

anyone know if there is any performance advantage with AHCI? and if there's a way to fix this?

Hmm, hope anyone can help. I updated to 10.5.3 and lost my Quartz/QE, but that was easily fixed by replacing the nvinject and nvidia kext's from my backup. Some goes for the ALC889 drivers.

But I've lost ACPI I think: my system won't power off or reboot when I tell it to. It just shuts down, goes black, but stays on. Does anyone know which kext I should restore? Thanks :D

For powermanagement the kext's are AppleACPIPowerSource and /S/L/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle...

Usually this would be a case of mismatched versions in the kexts.

Anyone got bluetooth working?