President Bush

Swad

97 posts in this topic

Aurora: Your assertion that "guantanamo has been beaten through and through" is not a valid argument. You're essentially saying "im bored of hearing about it, therefore shut up about it". Well thanks for being so grown up about this.

But hey - thanks for bringing up the Geneva Conventions. Thats a BIG part of whats up with Guantanamo. The US is using two major tricks here:

1) The distinction (illegal under the conventions) between 'Prisoners of War' and 'Illegal Combatants'. Article 4 of the third convention, under which people detained as suspected members of a militia (the Taliban) or a volunteer corps (al-Qaida) *MUST BE* regarded as prisoners of war, and afforded the rights and protections there given. However, the Bush administration insists that the geneva conventions do not apply to the Guantanamo detainees, but will be applied "where possible" (ie where we can be bothered).

See the Third Convention, Article 4 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Geneva_Convention

2) The concept (borrowed wholesale from George Orwell's 1984) of 'Endless War'. Under the Geneva conventions, the prisoners (detainees, call them what you will) must be repatriated (that means "sent home") at the end of hostilities. What better way, then, to justify keeping them indefinitely, than to state that the war is endless.

See http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...MNGIVH27RI1.DTL

It is their flagrant disregard for international law (the breaches of which, technically speaking, make Bush and Rumsfeld war criminals) which really pisses me off about these guys.

Also, for a dose of reality about whats been going down in Guantanamo, read this:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR510072006

(I'm assuming Amnesty International is considered a valid source by you all? Or are you going to dismiss this as 'liberal propaganda' as usual?)

Many nations elect idiots from time to time, but when the U.S. does it, the consequences cost lives all over the planet. It seems neither the U.S. electorate nor any international political pressure can affect the actions of this man and his gang of cronies.

We live in interesting times indeed..

EXACTLY!

The US people CANNOT afford to elect an idiot for president, because the power in their hands is too much. Leave that "privilege" to the people of other countries. The damage that an idiot US president can make to the world is FAR MORE WORSE than an idiot president of...¿Haiti? for example.

Now, for what I have seen form the news, the president Bush sucks...really. For example, In what country your own politicians spy on you (ironically a.k.a. patriotic act)? Not in Chile where I live.

I'll give you an example. Here in Chile we had a coup (I don't know the exact translation of "golpe de estado") about 30 years ago. The regime lasted 17 years and...you know what? The local government was spying on people, EXACTLY AS THE USA IS DOING IT RIGHT NOW WITH IT'S OWN CITIZENS. How's that possible? Are you living in a democracy?

Chile is not exactly a paradise, I'm well aware of, but here you can say anything and no one would give a damn about it. Not the politicians, not the cops, not even the guy next to you. You can safely pick up the phone, talk about bombs, dangerous chemicals, criticising politicians, today's movie on the cinema, crack a software, etc. and the government wouldn't give a damn about it because after 17 years of dictatorship (yes, the human needs to be hit to learn) the governments have learn that we have far more important issues to worry about than terrorism, for example, the drug dealers, healthcare, poverty, nation economy, education and the list goes on.

USA CANNOT POLICE THE ENTIRE WORLD, because each and every nation has the right to do whatever it wants with it's future. Yes, I know that there is bad people in the world, but, who are we to define what's right and what is wrong? what is good and bad?

For me, for example, killing for any religion is bad, but for the muslims (¿musulmanes?) is good. Having a girlfriend is good for us, but for them is bad. So, who is right about everything? Are we the owners of the thruth? Are they?

The approach that we must have is the open-minded approach to this problem. We face a totally different way of seeing life and the world and we need to embrace it, accept it, as they have to do with our way of seeing the world. From the understanding between the cultures we can progress as mankind.

Sorry for my english, but I don't handle a very ample vocabulary as I do in Spanish. (but I'm learnign it.. :) )

Regards.

For me, for example, killing for any religion is bad, but for the muslims (¿musulmanes?) is good. Having a girlfriend is good for us, but for them is bad. So, who is right about everything? Are we the owners of the thruth? Are they?

1.- yes... muslims are "musulmanes"

2.- NO.... Killing is also a sin for muslims, as it is for us christians, although we too have made war and killed in the name of God.

True, but as I said, for the muslims, killing or being killed spreading the word of Mohamed (mahoma for the spanish speakers) it's no sin at all. Christians religions had that time too, back in the crusades. Who was right then?

Again. Anyone can have the thruth in many aspects (technicals, etc.), but there are certain things that no one owns the thruth...two of those things are religion, and ideologies, because even politics can be discussed as a variable that relates directly with economics, and we can meassure, study and modify the economics of a country, region, city, etc. Just numbers.

By the way, when I was coming to my department I was thinking about terrorism...In many ways, Mr. Bush is a terrorist. Not "per-se", but a terrorist in the end.

Do you know how many people dies in your country because the lack of healthcare?

Do you know how many soldiers have the USA government sent to a sure death in Iraq?

Do you know how many INOCENT CIVILIANS have the US army killed?

Do you know how many people died in the Katrina catastrophe just because the stupid mr bush and the stupid-but-not-so-much mr clinton didn't want to listen to the scientists that predicted it years ago?

Do you know how many people, plants, animals and other creatures are dying because of the global warming produced by the pollution that YOUR COUNTRY DENIES TO REDUCE BECAUSE OF A STUPID PRESIDENT?

Even my "in ways of development" country has sustainable development politics and is working at full speed in other enviroment laws that will make enterprises to be "enviroment friendly" in order to be able to produce here in Chile. Many other countries have those kinds of laws, with even more stricts articles, but well...what about the USA? What about the pollution? What about the Kioto agreement?

Seriously, fellows, these are FAR MORE IMPORTANT issues than terrorism as mr bush describes. Do you want to leave a dying world to your childrens? to your grandsons? Personally, I don't want to.

Jumpin' Jimini, Mashugly, you wanna get us closed down again? If there's one thing thats worse than the DMCA then it must be the patriot act (actually, thats 2 things) you don't want us to be accused of anti-american activities do you :whistle: Well, being in Europe I wouldn't really know... (yes, I am kidding)

There are a number of memorable G.W. moments in my life:

The scene where he sits in the classroom with the book upside down on 9/11 is unforgettable, particularly as portrayed in "Farenheit 9/11":

An aide whispers in his ear - "Mr. President, The nation is under attack" & then he sits there with his book upside down for another 6 minutes...

A moment that was more poignant for me personally was watching one of his pre- gulf war II speeches of the "you're either with us or against us" variety with my father, who is old enough to have lived through 5 years of Nazi occupation..

The old man sighed & shook his head, and said: "Its just like seeing Hitler all over again"

The thing that gets me is that this affects the entire world.. Many nations elect idiots from time to time, but when the U.S. does it, the consequences cost lives all over the planet. It seems neither the U.S. electorate nor any international political pressure can affect the actions of this man and his gang of cronies.

We live in interesting times indeed..

what was he supposed to do when he heard the nation was under attack? jump up in the middle of the class and yell "Yeehaw! Let's go kill them som'{censored}!"

Now don't get me wrong, GW hasnt been my favorite president i.e. he spends WAY to much money (and im even a republican) but you cant fault the guy for not jumping up and running out the door. Those six minutes were probaly spent so his staff could figure out what the heck was going on...its not every day that you hear that the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is under attack on their own soil...and please dont relate GW to Hitler, thats very ignorant and uncalled for...ok ive put my two cents in :angel:

True, but as I said, for the muslims, killing or being killed spreading the word of Mohamed (mahoma for the spanish speakers) it's no sin at all. Christians religions had that time too, back in the crusades. Who was right then?

I still think you are wrong on this one, and your statement seems to be an interpretation of the Coran by fanatics.

By the way, when I was coming to my department I was thinking about terrorism...In many ways, Mr. Bush is a terrorist. Not "per-se", but a terrorist in the end.

Do you know how many people dies in your country because the lack of healthcare?

Do you know how many soldiers have the USA government sent to a sure death in Iraq?

Do you know how many people died in the Katrina catastrophe just because the stupid mr bush and the stupid-but-not-so-much mr clinton didn't want to listen to the scientists that predicted it years ago?

Do you know how many people, plants, animals and other creatures are dying because of the global warming produced by the pollution that YOUR COUNTRY DENIES TO REDUCE BECAUSE OF A STUPID PRESIDENT?

Even my "in ways of development" country has sustainable development politics and is working at full speed in other enviroment laws that will make enterprises to be "enviroment friendly" in order to be able to produce here in Chile. Many other countries have those kinds of laws, with even more stricts articles, but well...what about the USA? What about the pollution? What about the Kioto agreement?

Seriously, fellows, these are FAR MORE IMPORTANT issues than terrorism as mr bush describes. Do you want to leave a dying world to your childrens? to your grandsons? Personally, I don't want to.

Totally agreed on that one!

Again. Anyone can have the thruth in many aspects (technicals, etc.), but there are certain things that no one owns the thruth...two of those things are religion, and ideologies, because even politics can be discussed as a variable that relates directly with economics, and we can meassure, study and modify the economics of a country, region, city, etc. Just numbers.

killing anybody to spread any religion is wrong...its not the best way to convince people to join your side. Christians are still condemmed for the crusades and killing people in the name of Jesus. Why are we not condemming those who kill in the name of Mohamed?

ok cybermiguel now i have some questions for you...

Do you know how many people in the world die because their crazy dictator spends all of the money the country has on weapons and leaves none for the people which leaves them wallowing in poverty for years?

Do you know that many of the soldiers that have been sent to Iraq think that they are doing a good thing there as they continue to rebuild schools, playgrounds, parks, hospitals and the infrastructure which was damaged during the war? (Now this isnt coming from CNN, its coming from my cousin, who WAS ACTUALLY THERE)

Do you know how many innocent civillians Saddam Hussein has killed in his reign of terror over the people of Iraq?

Do you know how many people died in Katrina that shouldnt have becuase they thought they could "ride it out" then when they realized that they made a mistake they start yelling at the president and saying nobody cares?" (People that had the ability to leave had plenty of time to leave)

Do you know that the US has some of the strictest enviornmental control policies around?

No, i disagree cybermiguel...terrorism is THE MOST important issue...Theres no use in protecting the enviornment when you are all dead becuase you werent worried about the terrorists getting a hold of biological or nuclear weapons

whew ok now i got the ol blood boiling...boy i love politics!! :whistle:

Please, your ignorance of my country is simply astounding. You really need to stop reading the leftist propaganda full time and get a life. I resent people who form opions based on headlines - and it is evident that you have done just that. I really resent a foreigner making such remarks about my country. Your county - Chile - is that what the world wants to emulate? Is that the economy that drives the world with inovation? With inventions? With medical science? Please... You have NO knowledge of what America is about.

Here's a couple of falicies:

1) Health Care: While not every person has health insurance, EVERY person will be seen in any ER at ANY hospital in this country. People do not die in America because they do not have health insurance. I know this because my wife is a Nurse. She sees patients EVERY day that are not US citizens that are given the best healthcare in the world - with no posibilitiy of repayment. Just this week an illegal gave birth to twins that needed to stay in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for probably 2 weeks minimum. The cost - which the US taxpayers pay through our taxes will be in excess of $200,000. There is no possible way for that illegal to pay those costs. Yet, the care was given, and nothing was spared to save those babies.

2) "Global Warming": The two leading polluters in the world are India & China. Do some research before spouting off your leftist idiocy. Neither of those countries ( nor most of the world ) have environmental laws even close to those in the US. I get my car inspected for emissions & safety (by law) every year. Does that happen in Chile? I don't think so. It certainly does not happen in Guatelmala, where I was just two weeks ago. Do your gas stations serve only unleaded fuel? Probably not. Ours do, and it is by law. Kyoto was nothing more than a transparent attempt to throttle the US economy by the EU and the developing nations. We will never turn the running of our economy over to a bunch of despots and want-to-be countries.

3) Terrorism: We had 3000 of our citizens killed because of some fanatic muslims. We will not stop until they are all dead. As our President said - If you harbor terrorists or support them in any way - you are with them. The number of civilian deaths in Iraq due to the US invasion is negligable - our precision bombing ensured that. The number certainly does not even come close to the number of people killed by Sadam on a whim. Or did you miss the part about the mass graves (with over 300,000 bodies recovered thus far), the rape rooms, the tourture chambers? Did you miss that info?

4) Pollution: Here's the deal, your countries smell. Did you know that? Come to San Diego, go to Denver, Washington D.C. Our cities do not smell like sewers. Most cities I've been in overseas have a odor that hangs over them. Your pollution laws were not draw up out of thin air - most environmental law in the world today was started by the US in the 1960's and 1970s. Our factories have been requierd to follow some of the strictest environemtnal laws for decades - something NO other country can claim.

5) "Stupid" Politicians: Most poiticians are not the brightest bulbs in the bunch. Having said that, Our President is not stupid in any way. He is a plain-spoken man. He speaks the truth, and follows his principles rather than the latest poll. Just because he does not make slick speeches does not mean he is dumb. I respect him because he told us what he wanted to do, and then he did it.

6) Katrina: No person can stop a Hurricane. President Bush was not responsible for the people who died in New Orleans - the Mayor of that city and the governor of that state were. All you have to see is the image of over 1000 buses - all under the control of the mayor of New Orleans - sitting in a flooded parking lot to see the truth. Each bus can hold between 80 and 100 people. Those buses alone could have evacuated 8,000 to 10,000 people alone. The mayor and governor never gave the order. The President does not have the authority to give the order under US law. Case closed... BTW, how many people died in South America in the last two years due to earthquakes and landslides? Do you hold your politicians responsible for that? More importantly, whenever something like that happens what is the FIRST country to deliver aid? It is ANYWAYS the US - ALWAYS.

As I have pointed out in several previous notes, you can live a life that others design for you by beleiving their propaganda. Rather than skim the headlines and form the opinion the media wants you to have - force yourself to be objective, looks at both sides and you will inevitably see that many of the opinions you have about my country are flat wrong.

BTW, if the US is so bad, why do over 500,000 illegals come to this country every year?

I think the answer to the phenomenon "Bush" is in the book of Robert Temple entitled "Open to suggestion: the uses and abuses of hypnosis". I love America and I have so many American friends, but I think many people are experiencing what is called "mass hypnosis".

In fact, at the time of Hitler it was the same, and he was legally voted and elected by the Germans, that couldn't even understand what was going on. I think that some things look clearer from outside. Obviously I am not comparing Bush to Hitler, but the kind of phenomenon is the same.

Of course it's just my opinion...

If America does not police the world, who will? There is evil in this world and someone has to stand up to it. The UN? That is a joke. We'll all be dead from iranian nukes or the hoards of muslim extremists in europe before those worthless bags of {censored} do anything. If you are living in that socalist "utopia" that is Europe today, I'll stick with my "dumb" President rather than your 15-20% unemployment any day.

i'm not agree with you America can police the world its not a problem because it's the strongest .but how to police the world??? to good of the world not to america own good and others bad .and about the evil in the world , evil exist in every where in job, in university, in school, every where. but evil for me is not evil for others .but if evil exist this means i carry a gun and kill them all , we are not gods to know what other people will do in future. he may be today a bad guy ,tomorrow he may be good and who is good today may be bad tomorrow this is peoples type and this is life rules. what i mean don't punish a person with a crime he didn't do .and didn't kill who didn't carry a gun against you.. i wish you excuse me of my language as its my second language :)

Ok. I've read all your post and I have a few things that I have to say.

First: I know about healthcare because I have relatives in the US and my father has been there for business purposes and in Canada too. For what I have heard from my relatives and from my father, Canada has by far better public healthcare system than in the US.

Second: Canada has far mor strict environmental policies than the US. I know that because my father works in that. He's an enviromental advisor (master in enviromental engeneering) for an important canadian company. Smell you say? Well....not in the city where I live (Antofagasta), nor the city where my parents live (Los Angeles, 8th region). Yes, at least in Chile, the oils stations sell only unleaded fuel, city diesel and kerosene.

Third: Education sucks in the US. You have a public school system that you should be ashamed of..yeah, I know, we have one like that too (xD) but we are working on it to improve it. You should not compare with countries like Chile...you should compare with Europe.

Fourth: Did you know that president Bush is one of the most stupid presidents in the world? Yes, there have been other presidents more stupids than him (here in Chile we had one), but you should elect people that you know that have the will, the commitment and the knowledge required to run a country. Ask the european presidents CV and you will see that they have far more academical achievements than Bush, besides a higher IQ.

Fifth: Did you know your country is about 15 to 20 years behind Japan in nanotechnology, biotechnology and physical research? Even YOUR scientist said that in a Nature magazine interview. They were saying that YOUR government haven't give them the ability nor the money or incentives to research more in that area.

Worried about biological and chemical weapons? Are you THAT stupid? Man...I could build one myself with some friends and I'm only a 3rd grade Chemistry and Pharmacy student with some knowledge about biochemistry. Yes, it wouldn't be a "mass destruction" weapon, but it could certainly hurt somebody. In your very country you have people that can build that. Now, imagine what the Japanese people can do with all their scientific knowledge. Seriously guys, you are seeing the terrorism problem from the WRONG point of view. (the stupid, closed mind point of view).

Your beloved president hasn't done anything but harm to the world...and you are proud of it... :glare:

It makes me remember a "president" that Chile had about 25 years ago....you may have heard of him...the one with the Riggs bank account...xD

Now, about those civilians dead in Iraq.....I know that Saddam's regime wazs totalitarian, absurd and didn't respect any human right, but forcing him out it's the wrong way of doing things. You could have been more subtle and used another way of getting people to the democracy....and no, having a puppet president in that country does not lead it to any good. In fact, It would have been very wise that the people itself choose a presidential candidate, so you have no responsability at all. That way, you could have retired your forces from Iraq, and the Iraq people would have to deal with themselves.

I think your president haven't learned from past mistakes...he's just plain stupid, that's all.

I have no resentment with anyone here..in fact, it's nice to have this kind of conversation with you. I'd like to know the point of view of an european guy and a canadian guy, to see their visions of how the US president is.

Regards. ^^

Jackbo - I could not have said it better myself.

Remember alot of what is said about Bush was said about Reagan during his Presidency. In fact he was just as reviled in Europe. Now look at how he is remembered with the benefit of some time and perspective (I'm sure that will start some responses!).

History will judge Bush's Presidency, not current headlines and biased reports from our own newspapers and those in othe countries. I'm not happy with everything he has done in terms of his domestic agenda but I respect the man for being honest and straightforward.

Granted. Bush is not Hitler (and will never be like him...it would be an insult to Hitler), but I'm sure that you can agree with me that "Either your are with me or are against me" phrase it's just plain stupid. There are countries that have far more important problems than terrorism and don't give a damn about it. Are they against the US? Nope. Are they with terrorist? Certainly not. So...What is thje problem?

why, do you think he's honest? You see I'm right when I talk about "Open to suggestion"?

Anyone that compares Bush to Hitler is far more open to suggestion than I will ever be.

Exactly my point. These mindless idots who compare President Bush to Hitler are doing nothing but exposing their ignorance to the rest of the world. Hitler was undoutably the most evil man that has existed on this earth. His persecution of the Jewish people was horrific - and has no contemporary parallel save the mass killings of Mao & Stalin.

Why do you people think he's lying? Why? I'll tell you why - because the leftist media runs stories of leftist US politicians saying that he is about every other day. There is NO evidence - at all - that this man has lied about anything. The people who claim that he has are deluded.

And, before you reply that President Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq, do your homework. Your precious UN (a total waste of gravity) served 17 motions to Sadam - each citing his arsenal. The UN weapons inspectors looked for and found evidence of both WMDs and weapons programs. The Intelligence services of nearly every world power - Germany, France, Britain & Russia - in addition to the US CIA - all agreed that Sadam both possed the capability to create WMDs and the will to use them. They based this analysis on that fact that Sadam used Chemical weapons against both the Kurds in his own country and Iraq during their war.

President Bush is neither stupid nor a liar. We got rid of the lying US President when we got rid of Clinton...

Exactly my point. These mindless idots who compare President Bush to Hitler are doing nothing but exposing their ignorance to the rest of the world. Hitler was undoutably the most evil man that has existed on this earth. His persecution of the Jewish people was horrific - and has no contemporary parallel save the mass killings of Mao & Stalin.

Why do you people think he's lying? Why? I'll tell you why - because the leftist media runs stories of leftist US politicians saying that he is about every other day. There is NO evidence - at all - that this man has lied about anything. The people who claim that he has are deluded.

And, before you reply that President Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq, do your homework. Your precious UN (a total waste of gravity) served 17 motions to Sadam - each citing his arsenal. The UN weapons inspectors looked for and found evidence of both WMDs and weapons programs. The Intelligence services of nearly every world power - Germany, France, Britain & Russia - in addition to the US CIA - all agreed that Sadam both possed the capability to create WMDs and the will to use them. They based this analysis on that fact that Sadam used Chemical weapons against both the Kurds in his own country and Iraq during their war.

President Bush is neither stupid nor a liar. We got rid of the lying US President when we got rid of Clinton...

Sorry that's that's pure BS. Iraq was very far from being able to create WMDs that could reach the US. Cheney and co. states that it was a matter of months while well placed Iraqi imformants were saying otherwise. Even Poweel and his chief of staff stated that they lied to the world.

1) What about all the UN security council resolutions that are ignored by Israel? Shoud we invade them for failing to comply?

2) The chemical weapons that he used against the Kurds were with full knowledge and support of the US government of the time. The remaining WMDs were destroyed by the UN after the Gulf war.

3) Bush cherry-picked intelligence that best suited his intentions. He ignored the rest.

4) Iran and North Korea DO have WMDs, they did in 2003 and that's why the US didn't invade because they knew that it would be used against them.

Bush's "war on terrorism" only made things worse. Ironically, his policies transfered an incredible amout of wealth to the terrorist states. Bin Ladden is probably 10 times richer thanks to Bush.

I'm glad to see that only 30% of Americans support him.

why, do you think he's honest? You see I'm right when I talk about "Open to suggestion"?

Anyone that compares Bush to Hitler is far more open to suggestion than I will ever be.

I have never compared Bush to Hitler. Read what I wrote and you'll see it by yourself.

I'll try to be more obvious so that you can understand.

What I compared is the attitude of so many people to be blind in front of the dishonesty of a governor. I have NOTHING against Americans NOR against America, which I love very much, but before Bush to start being the president of US, I already knew he was going to start a war against Iraq. Everybody knew that, out from the US. I travel a lot because of my job. I visited so many countries all around the world. If you try to see what the other people think about Bush out of the US, you'll notice how everybody sees the same reality, which many US citizens cannot see.

I think that's also because of American TVs etc. In fact I've lived there for awhile and when I was there I truly believed everything was perfectly right, because I was influenced by what I was seeing on TV and reading on the newspapers. But after going out from there, I realized how blind I had been. I'll be clearer: I hadn't been blind, but I just believed to what I saw - better: to what they showed me. Which simply was not true.

From outside you see it's not true.

What I am sorry about is that so many American people truly believe in the good purposes of what Bush does, but as a matter of facts he is only using the goodness and ingenuity of many people for his own interests, which are not related at all to freedom.

I am sad if you believe I talk like that because I am fanatically against the US or whatever. In fact I am on your side, and that's why I am against Bush.

That is what hurts the most: to see the people of such a great country like the US believe in the lies and the stupidity of their president. I am truly dissapointed. I still believe that some day you may elect a president as good as Kenedy was....but there are no more kenedy-likes in the world....sad....really sad.

That is what hurts the most: to see the people of such a great country like the US believe in the lies and the stupidity of their president. I am truly dissapointed. I still believe that some day you may elect a president as good as Kenedy was....but there are no more kenedy-likes in the world....sad....really sad.

what the hell was so great about kennedy? name me 5 great things he did while he was president...Regan was America's greatest president

Aggh...let's not have this degenerate into a flame-fest. The discussion is good, though, so let's keep it on topic.

If America does not police the world, who will? There is evil in this world and someone has to stand up to it. The UN? That is a joke. We'll all be dead from iranian nukes or the hoards of muslim extremists in europe before those worthless bags of {censored} do anything. If you are living in that socalist "utopia" that is Europe today, I'll stick with my "dumb" President rather than your 15-20% unemployment any day.

i'm not agree with you America can police the world its not a problem because it's the strongest .but how to police the world??? to good of the world not to america own good and others bad .and about the evil in the world , evil exist in every where in job, in university, in school, every where. but evil for me is not evil for others .but if evil exist this means i carry a gun and kill them all , we are not gods to know what other people will do in future. he may be today a bad guy ,tomorrow he may be good and who is good today may be bad tomorrow this is peoples type and this is life rules. what i mean don't punish a person with a crime he didn't do .and didn't kill who didn't carry a gun against you.. i wish you excuse me of my language as its my second language :D

Don't mind me, but I totally disagree with that. While America is, to some extent, capable of policing the world, having America as the sole protector of it is definetely not a good idea. Why should we all put our trust in one power of the world? All this will lead to is more fear-mongering, as the U.S's stance will essentially be a with us/against us one. A good example is the Missle Defense system, which the U.S sought to have Canada's support in. When we declined, we were essentially relegated to fend for ourselves in the event of an attack. While I do agree that the U.N is essentially useless, merely content with trying to sit on the fence more most issues, we need some sort of distribution of power in policing our world.

When you have one person in control of everything, you can't satisfy everyone. And when that happens, you'll essentially be left with more finger-pointing, suspicion, and lies, until an all out power struggle breaks out.

I make up my own mind and refuse to be led about by the nose by ANY group - republicans, liberal, socialist, or the media.

Heh, honestly I made it to the second page and stopped reading but thought i'd let you know, you are as big of a republican conservative tool as there is.

You believe that the entire mainstream media is liberalist, so the only source of information you get is from the excact oposite.

You can believe what you want, really I don't care it's pretty obvious to about 65% of this country what's really going on. The only ones left are the extreme republican base, of which you are obviously a part of. Because if, at this stage you are still supporting GEORGE W. BUSH, then you son are a tool. Theres nothing wrong with supporting the conservative ideology, or hell even being a Republican, but if you still buy into the BS that this administration is serving then you need to give up trying to convince yourself that you still have even the slightest bit of impartialness in you. On any topic, in any matter.

I just get a little angry when I hear this "the media is leftist" {censored}. Take a class in journalism at any respectable school, hell even at Alabama or some BS conservative 'school' so you can learn a thing or two about what journalism is.

And finally, if you watch Fox News at all, you can forget what I said above. Because seriously, I don't argue with someone of your sheer brainpower.

EDIT: Oh wow, this was my first post. Well..... meh.