Need advice to buy an Ethernet card

Iced Angel

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2, and my on board network card didn't work. I bought a realtek 8139 from ebay (after reading a lot on this forum) and when I recieved it, it was a ADMtek card, and it didn't work also ... I tried tulip.kext and was not successful.

Now i want to buy another card, but I want to make sure that it's going to work on 10.5.2 ... I found D-link 530tx on amazon.com and even on its box it says driver for Mac OS X, but after doing some research on this forum I found that some people were able to get it work, and some people were not.

What is the most stable card out there ? as far as I know, realtek 8139 is the best, but it's so hard to find this card since it's kind of old.

any suggestion would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

same question... did u real the thread about compatible wifi cards on here... I also want to know which one is worth buying...

Yeah I read the threads ... but I couldn't find any of the recomended cards online. I went to local Staple store and bought a Netgear FA311 for $15, with a realtek 8139D chipsed and it worked like a charm :) I'm posting this from Kalyway 10.5.2

any suggestion would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance :)

I used a NetGear GA311 PCI card in my old G5 and moved it into my new Hack Mac in a PCI slot. This card worked unmodified with OS X and is flawless in my new Mac. I turned off (in BIOS) the LAN port on my M/B. Not sure what the chip in this one is, but it is supported by stock OS X so no need to hunt for drivers.