10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

Hi,

I downloaded the iso file a few weeks ago but am not sure how to install it with a dual boot system :(.

I have to be honest. I have never done anything like this before and so know nothing :blink:.

The major reason I want to make this work is to see if I like macs.

All i have done is burned the iso open onto a dvd...that's it.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out or point me towards a good (detailed hopefully) guide that explains how to install this on a dual boot system so I can have Windows as the main system?

Muchos Gracious for any help!

hey man, what's your config?

My config is:

Dell Dimension 5100

P4 3.4ghz,

Windows XP Home SP2,

Western Digital 250GB Sata Hard drive (there is already 100GB of unpartitioned space in for for other reasons) and Seagate 160Gb ATA,

1GB ram,

Video and audio are integrated intel ones

Hope that's enough info

Thanks for any help! :D

well then the difference isn't related to the kernel , sse3 or anything like that, with your method do you install 10.4.5 gma kexts ? that would explain the difference. but i hear that you loose the ability to change the resolution. There's a folder Extensions_10.4.5_disabled with the extensions i omit to install because when i built the dvd many users said they were problematic. You can try to copy them back fix the permissions etc to see if it makes any difference

Myzar, even with this latest test, as I have stated before, I use the Xbench tests as a general guideline.

Have noticed no differences in speed regardless of which system I am running.

I agree. The results are not kernel related, have said this in previous posts.

The DVD you built is outstanding, and I would recommend this to all.

No problems with it, what-so-ever.

kaos

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I burnt the disc, no error in darwin andthe installation started. But when It asks what partition to install in, i dont see any of them. I partitioned my drive 10GB FAT32, 10GB NTFS, 80GB NTFS (WINDOWS XP). The installation doesnt install to the 10GB drives.

Any idea why and how I can fix it?

you have to convert the partition of 10 Gb to AF, which means Apple File System. It wouldn't ever work if you leave it Fat32. Make a search on the NET to see how to convert the partition to AF.

After you convert it, you start with the install DVD, and then let me know... (at a certain point, you will need to start Disc Utility, in order to initialize the partition...

Thanks B512.

I got it working fully :) natively (10.4.5)!, audio, wireless and ethernet arent working, but will be fixing that somehow. Though the bluetooth and resolution (intel) is working automatically :).

My specs show up fine in the system information, and for those who want to know

Sony VAIO SZ120P

1.83Ghz Duo Core (T2400)

NVIDIA GeForce 7400 256MB and 222MB Intel Video card

1GB DDR2 RAM

thanks a lot - ill be posting a bit more later on today when I test its full functionality and get things working hopefully :blink:

• 1 year later...