Translate Microsoft Messenger

16 posts in this topic

Is it possible?

Woow, I never seen a question like that! Crystal clear my friend :unsure:

If you talk about Windows Live Messenger, actually WLM is translate in all languages. French, english, spanish, czech.. name it, you've got!

Go to Microsoft web page http://get.live.com/messenger/overview and take a deep look.

Download free.

Yes I'm ironic, but it sound like a dumb question like you had never take 5 minutes for saw what it is.

lol. I guess you didnt get what i tried to mean. In windows, we could translate some apps/files w hex or resources editors. I asked how could i try to do something like this for osx.there must be some way as messenger exists in other languages beside english. But i would like to see it in portuguese.

Is it possible?

to translate "any app" under osx

go "any app" - use show package contents command (somewhere under open with)

go contens/resources/English.lproj

copy this folder out... rename to s.t. like Portugese.lproj or pt.lproj

and edit Localizable.strings for texts

in folders inside pack are for help icons (if differs for lng...)

Thanks zandera. It was exactly what I meant. Seriousrad, I knew there's no portuguese microsoft messenger, that's why I "came" with this idea.Actually I could open it and I guess it will be possible to translate. :shock:

Right now, the main problem is translating the "apple bar" and the dock texts (the text that appear when you right-click Microsoft Messenger icon on dock).Found the file. "localized.rsrc" inside .lproj file. But how to edit it properly under OSX? In TextEdit, it gets all messed up.