Erratic Touchpad on c700

rezha

8 posts in this topic

I got a good, but not perfect, installation on a compaq c740el. I can use without problems the keyboard and any external usb mouse, but if i touch the touchpad i get an erratic movement of the cursor and apparently random clicking around. Morevoer, it seems that after i touch it, even if i disable it, the computer behaves like if i'm keeping the control key pressed, so it's almost impossible to use and i have to reboot.

After reading around in the forum i couldn't find anything like this, any help?

I'm using iatkos 1.02 actually.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to update this post, using some of the general keyboard and mouse fixes in the sticky i managed to make it work, but i cannot disable the touchpad while os x is running or the problem return. This is a minor issue so i'm not working on it anymore. I can post my files if needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, I also have a Compaq C700 with an ALPS touchpad and have been looking at tons of forums on here. I've downloaded the ALPS Glidepad installer and also changed values in FFScroll as well as the pflist file. It is still very erratic like you said yours was. I am running 10.5.5 if that matters and was just wondering how you got yours to work. If you could give me a step by step that would be great. I got it working by a fluke once before but I had to reinstall Leopard and haven't been able to get it back. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

*bump* i'm having the same issue as the original post. can anyone point me to a how to? i have a Compaq Presario C700. thanks in advance!

*EDIT* i forgot to add that i'm using iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final

• 3 weeks later...

Install VoodooPS2Controller (I am using 0.98). It is from the makers of Chameleon.

You don't get scrolling and tapping as reduces functionality of touchpad to PS/2 mouse. However, the touchpad is very reliable this way. Go here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,235.0.html

The only two problems I have left are wireless (Atheros 5007 - no one seems to have got it to work) and a problem with fan threshold and algorithm. In BIOS, DOS, Windows and Linux, The fan typically operates with about 4 speeds: off (<50C I think), quiet (most of the time), medium (under load) and full (hot day + load). However, in iPC Leopard 10.5.7, the fan is always off until the CPU core temp reaches 80C, at which point the fan ramps to 100% (very loud) for a few seconds (>10) until the temp drops below 79C, at which point it shuts. Thus the notebook is on average always very hot (70-80C) and this is starting to bend the case (as well as causing freezes sometimes due to overheating) ! Anyone with ideas? In other OSes the fan is normally on low, which is nice and quiet while maintaining a good temperature (55/65C idle/load).

I have a C792VU with CPU swapped to T5750 (2Ghz, 667FSB, 2MB) and 2GB 667 RAM. SpeedStep works with Enhanced SpeedStep kext 1.4.0 from X Labs section of forum and also VoodooPower (use only one of them!). VoodooBattery handles the battery meter and with AppleSMBIOSEFI or SMBIOS Rev6 MacBook (from iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Final disc) the X3100 is recognized with QE/CI after updating the 10.5.7 using combo update (i.e. vanilla Apple kext).

Any questions just ask.

PS. you can install iPC in about 10mins (including boot up!) by using Carbon Copy Cloner to make a clone on a USB drive and then installing EFI bootloader on it with OSX86 Tools. Much less stress on the poor old optical drive (seeks like crazy when booting OS X install disc).