• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Pochii

Pochii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Anyone tried this adapter on Kalyway 10.5.4 or even 10.5.3 ??

I'm about to buy one!

Yes. Works fine here with RT2500/73 kexts + Ralink Utility from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. No dropouts... yet?

coderguy

coderguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Yes. Works fine here with RT2500/73 kexts + Ralink Utility from the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. No dropouts... yet?

Thank you.

Ordered :| :D

Juampi

Juampi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Noob question.... is this adapter working with Airport ??

THANKS

NicomUA

NicomUA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I install iDeneb v1.1 on my hackintish.
kernel is 9.4.0 by Modbin
update OS up to 10.5.6 and I steel have kernel panic when I connect to mynetwork with WPA2.
D-Link DWA-110.
can you help?

bigtiger

bigtiger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, my intel 3945abg wireless card is not working for sure, and i could not manage to work my intel pro 100 VE ethernet card also and I am planning to buy a D-link DWA 110. Does any one used it with iDeneb and succeeded? Is there any other usb wireless card that is working with iDeneb 1.3?

bigtiger

bigtiger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i just bought the dwa 110 today without waiting replies and it is not working. I can see 802.11 bg WLAN device in system profiler under usb devices but d-link software could not detect it.

I am using ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 please help if any one have an idea how to work it

bigtiger

bigtiger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Good news every one ;)
I finally manage to work my d-link dwa 110 with iDeneb v1.3 Leopard 10.5.5.

I used the driver of the chipset ralink RT73 there is a link of the driver in another post

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=114183

There are two important things you need to do:

1.install the driver but wait about a minute before clicking the restart button, you can see the activity from your hard drive light,
2. You need to run ¨repair disk permissions¨ after the restart and restart again.
Then you will see the activity of the light on your D-link and the ralink application will start automatically.

You can connect to your wireless device and surf :D

good luck!!

dewtea

dewtea

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well. I didn't have to go through any of the hassle. I took the DW110 out of the box. Inserted into the USB port. The CD that came with the adapter had a OS X 10.4 driver. Installed it and waited for a while before hitting the restart button (just as a precaution). After the restart I had an entry in the status bar that said 'No Connection'. This meant that the adapter had been properly recognized. I clicked it and up came the wireless preferences pane. I hit start scan with fingers crossed and to to my joy it found my home network (WPA-TKIP, Infrastructure mode). I double clicked the listed network, it asked for the pre-shared key. I entered that and here I am, typing these words from my Dell Inspiron 1505 (6400) through safari. Love it. Thank you guys for your feedback.

Update:
Turns out the picture isn't as rosy as it seemed. After the first restart (and successive restarts), I have to manually tell it to connect to the network. I have to do that several times (and have to restart some times too) before it connects to the network. However, as I have checked, it needs the manual instruction to connect even in Windows XP. So I guess, that's the way D-Link have designed their application. So the only thing to worry is the numerous tries before the actual connect. Will work on it further and keep u guys posted. Thanks.

venerzky

venerzky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Installed iAtkos 10.5.7 succesfully. The only problem I'm having is my D-Link DWA-110, its detected everytime I remove and stick it on to the USB and will have a freeze after trying to connect wirelessly. I'll try to install the driver again and see if it will work if I'll wait for a while before I hit the restart button.

Any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy