D-link DWA-110

william-cdl

29 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I managed to detect this network card on HP 6510b notebook running on OS X 10.5.4 with vanilla kernel.

Somehow, I can use the Ralink USB Utility which can detect my network and I tried also with the D-Link's 10.5.4 driver here and it seems to work. Problem is when I press connect, nothing happens at all? Tried with open network, able to detect but can't connect to it.

Any idea if anybody encounter this and what seems to be problem?

I'm getting getting this error when I do this command "pmset -g | grep hibernatemode":

CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Needless to say the sleep function does not work.

Any assistance would be appreciated on point me where to resolve this two matters.

Thanks.

Edited: found the link for UUIDString error issue in here.

Will try it out to see if works.

So now left the D-Link USB Wifi problem issue.

I not recommend DWA-110 (RT73).

with 10.5.2 I have random Kernel Panic, when upgrade to 10.5.3 it disappear.

But it still cause shutdown problem (random success).

If possible I recommend WG112v2, it work well no any problem (especially never give shutdown problem)

How did you get it to work?

I installed the driver from the D-Link website, but it is not recognized in System Preferences, Network....

If I upgrade my system to 10.5.3 will it work correctly?

Do you have another driver/kext for it, that I can download?

Thanx

Thanx, I had this file, and yesterday I tried it, it worked great, until I had a kernel panic and rebooted. I will install today the 10.5.3 update. I will still get the shutdown problems? Do you know if this is fixed in 10.5.4?

I recently bought the DWA-110. If I can't get it to work correctly in 10.5.3, I will buy next month the WG112v2

Thanx,

Not sure about shutdown problem, it depend on your hardware.

But DWA-110 give me annoy, So Netgear WG112v2 at 22.5$ solve all my wireless problem.

Then I thrown away DWA-110 to my windows machine.

Just bought one of these DWA-110 and I still have the 'no device'.

So I opened it, and the chip is a RT2571WF

So I've gone there : http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

and take this : http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/RTUSB%20..._2006_11_10.dmg

But still no luck because it say that I have a more recent driver installed and don't want to install. I have also removed all previous drivers and installs I tried but there is something left somewhere that is stucking me.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=116856

here is my post on how i got it to work. I think using the power management control has something to do with it as well. I dont remember if ticked off or on when i was installing my cd, if there is a way for me to find out in about this mac, i will find it and tell u if i have it or not.

but i know that it is fully working. i checked the ralink 2500 option from the install and i installed the link in my post, and it worked. with sleep, and with no shutdown.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I found what was wrong. I have some usb issues and didn't knew... Solved them, everything is fine now !

i am looking at getting this one too but would like to know if you got it working with WPA. I haven't seen any posts that mention support for that encryption. Thanks a lot.

Yes I'm working with WPA-Personal crypted with AEM-CCMP. I'll try to do some screenshot when I'll be back on the Leopard...

Thanks.. that would be great..It would be awesome to be able to walk around. I can't stand having an ethernet cable connected to my laptop. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I found what was wrong. I have some usb issues and didn't knew... Solved them, everything is fine now !

I have installed Leo4All because Kalyway is giving me problems. And I think my DWA is now making the system freeze. Do you know if the links you provided will solve this issue?

I also am goign to try to upgrade to 10.5.3, see if that helps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, my intel 3945abg wireless card is not working for sure, and i could not manage to work my intel pro 100 VE ethernet card also and I am planning to buy a D-link DWA 110. Does any one used it with iDeneb and succeeded? Is there any other usb wireless card that is working with iDeneb 1.3?