Can't tap on my touchpad :(

11 posts in this topic

Hey, I installed iAtkos 2.0 on my HP-Compaq Notebook, and everything is working fine except for the wireless card, touchpad and keyboard. I can use the touchpad normally to move the cursor and the right/left buttons are working properly, but I can't use the touchpad to tap. It's a annoying having to use the left button everytime to select something =/. Already tried a couple of guides here, but after rebooting Leopard says that somenthing wasn't properly installed and my touchpad/keyboard stops working. The keyboard problem is that I can't use brazilian layout -ABNT2 - on it (I need keys like "ç","^","~"). Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thx

try this!

Instructions are in the zipfile

SticMAN

Hey, I installed iAtkos 2.0 on my HP-Compaq Notebook, and everything is working fine except for the wireless card, touchpad and keyboard. I can use the touchpad normally to move the cursor and the right/left buttons are working properly, but I can't use the touchpad to tap. It's a annoying having to use the left button everytime to select something =/. Already tried a couple of guides here, but after rebooting Leopard says that somenthing wasn't properly installed and my touchpad/keyboard stops working. The keyboard problem is that I can't use brazilian layout -ABNT2 - on it (I need keys like "ç","^","~"). Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thx

Thx for the reply.

Remove ACPIPS2Nub.kext from System/Library/Extensions

I dont have the file ACPIPS2Nub.kext

Install AppleACPIPlatform.kext to System/Library/Extensions, use kext Helper b7 to install

After doing this I got kernel panic saying something like "can't find the driver for acpi". :/

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey search for touchpad.prefpane help to get tapping. Worked on my gateway MT6705. It's somewhere in the forums here or over at www infinitemac com

Something about like this:

backup original touchpad.prefpane located in: /system/Library/PreferencePanes

when you have that backed up nice and safely, open up textedit in root mode using sudo command in terminal

open up the info.plist file inside the contents of the touchpad.prefpane file, and edit out the next two lines of code:

<key>vendor id</key>

<string>(somenumber)</string>

It's somethign close to that. well, after a restart, Pow! i've got my settings in the sys preferences. then just activate tap-clicking with the normal options for that.

hope this helps you and guides you to the REAL post that was acurate about this topic. Best of luck