Ralink Wireless G Adapter driver

Robbiem

4 posts in this topic

So i was becoming lost in page after page, of you cant run linksys on a mac, and bla bla bla, then i found this http://ralink.rapla.net/ because most wireless adapters use a ralink chipset, ralink makes mac drivers for them. hope this help anyone that ever needed help with this matter.

Also on a side note, i'm currently looking for a page similar to this but of course for wirless N devices.

Another Sidenote, if you have a linksys wrt54g router, and are interest in the dd-wrt firmware, i have the correct version, and instructions that are much simplar to use than the incredibly complicated pdf on dd-wrt's website. so if requested, i guess ill post the files and instructions here.

Most wireless adapters do not use RaLink. Some do, but it's a long way from "most".

The latest RaLink PCI card drivers for the RT2500 chip on OSX 10.5 are broken, making most of the links on that page useless.

Your dd-wrt information is off-topic in this forum.

All in all a pretty useless post with little to no value. 0 out of 10, and that's hard to do.

??? Let's see... Some kid parachutes in and starts spouting a know-it-all dissertation on hardware he is unqualified to give. He posts a link to a page where half the links are broken and out of date. Then he goes off on an off-topic tangent about his great router tutorial that has zero relevance to the forum like he's God's Gift to OSx86 or something, and he's going to do us all a favor.

Now that's what I call obnoxious.

What sort of reply do you think would have been more appropriate? I don't buy into the idea that I was out of line in any way.