Leo4All V3 on AMD X2 & Asus M2A-VM

Navan

10 posts in this topic

Ok, my config:

AMD Athlon 5200 X2+

Asus M2A-VM(I checked the HCL at the mentioned wiki in the newbie MAC FAQ and it works fine with leo4all v3)

Samsung Sata Based DVD-RW

nVidia 8600GT(Drivers available, link given in HCL)

Now, the problem is that my dvd-rw is Sata based while at HCL it says the driver is for iDE.

But it also says you can change the setting in BIOS from Sata Controller to AHCI, should work then, right?

I'll be installing Leo4All v3 and at HCL, my motherboard tab says for "EFI/Vanilla kernel working" - N/A.

So, is it like i just have to burn the ISO to a dvd, insert it and boot it and just continue installing?

No need to mess with any cmd prompt or anything?

Those were some of my questions, i hope you guys help me out. :)

You can try and boot with out changing any bios settings, and if that doesnt work, try changing the SATA controller to AHCI and see if that lets you install.

Thanks a ton for your reply. ;)

• 1 month later...

I have the same mb with Athlon X2 5600+, but I cannot install nor Leo4All v3 (still waiting for root device), Zephyroth (same error) or Kalyway (it hangs after having detected SATA chipset). I've tried setting the bios to AHCI but the problem remains.

My complete configuration is:

MB: M2A-VM HDMI latest official bios (not the beta 1801)

CPU: Athlon X2 5600+

Video: on board gpu

ram: 2GB DDR2 800MHz Corsair

HD 1 SATA: Maxtor 160 GB

HD 2 SATA: Maxtor 200 GB

HD 3 P-ATA IDE: Maxtor 40GB

DVD-RW P-ATA IDE: LG DVD-RW DL

Wi-Fi: Conitech Wifi

Ethernet Lan disabled by Bios

Serial Port and Firewire port disabled by Bios

SATA controller set on IDE mode (not AHCI)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok folks - since the latest BIOS does not allow to disable FireWire on the M2A-VM and the firewire bug (No valid FireWire GUID) keeps OSX from installing properly, I have used my humble hex editor skills to deactivate firewire on my Kalway 10.5.2 installation dvd. If anybody is interested, I can upload a patch that can be applied to the iso of Kalway 10.5.2 and enables the mainboard to boot from dvd and install osx.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the guys with the IDE DVD - Try to get a IDE SATA Converter from ebay, or use Zephyroth Release. Works fine with mine, but i've got several Problems with USB with every release i could find. Sometimes it just doesn't communicate with usb anymore, or the mouse "lags" an jumps all over the desktop. Tried many, many BIOS revisions, only one that worked acceptable was 1201, the original, but I can't find it anymore. Can someone pls upload it for me?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...