If you have 8800 series (G80), READ HERE

iSkylla

8 posts in this topic

I have seen several people with 8800 problems, I have a GTS 320MB myself and I have problems, too. If you have an 8800 card, GTS, GTX, Ultra whatever, as long as it is G80, please post the card name, memory, driver you are using, version and NVCAP. Same goes for EFI strings, NVCAP is in the plist before you convert to hex.

It is much more helpful if you have 10.5.2 but 10.5.1 is okay I guess, too.

The problem I am currently experiencing is a black screen on boot, the LCD is on, but just a blank screen. If you have this problem, post it along with your information, hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks.

The problem I am currently experiencing is a black screen on boot, the LCD is on, but just a blank screen. If you have this problem, post it along with your information, hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks.

I'm getting the same problem and also have a 8800 GTS 320MB. It seems to be happening more from cold standard reboots then cold boots for some odd reason... I just did a test then, 4/5 cold boots worked and 0/5 resets worked. By reset I mean either pressing the physical reset button or by resetting from OS X after a successful boot. It doesn't sound right, I don't know why it'd make a difference.

I've tried the kexts that come with the Kalway 10.5.2 install DVD I used and I tried the installer by johnniecarcinogen.

Not sure on the info you wanted though? Will this do? (from nvinject.kext)

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAFA==

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>Graphics by NVIDIA</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>NVinject 0.2.1</string>

I have seen several people with 8800 problems, I have a GTS 320MB myself and I have problems, too. If you have an 8800 card, GTS, GTX, Ultra whatever, as long as it is G80, please post the card name, memory, driver you are using, version and NVCAP. Same goes for EFI strings, NVCAP is in the plist before you convert to hex.

It is much more helpful if you have 10.5.2 but 10.5.1 is okay I guess, too.

i have too problem whit g80 card... the 8800 gts 320 ASUS. I using nvinject 2.1 and other, evrything whit this risultate

immagine1ck4.png

what is it NVCAP?

im italian... sorry for my bad english

black screen with video signal = wrong NVCAP : I suggest you use the NVCAP maker on gotoh's website to generate your own NVCAP.

I got this NVCAP: 04000000 00000f00 00000000 00000007 00000000

Didn't work, did something go wrong possibly?

black screen with video signal = wrong NVCAP : I suggest you use the NVCAP maker on gotoh's website to generate your own NVCAP.
I got this NVCAP: 04000000 00000f00 00000000 00000007 00000000

As did I, I used that in the plist file and it worked fine. No black screens at all!

I went back and had a look at the installer and Kalways install disk and both were using:

04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000

So I guess that's why I was having so much problems. Thanks for the help, it was driving me insane.

--Edit: Damn it, it's still happening. I think I'm going to have to give up on getting it perfect. I'm getting "NVChannel(GL): Graphics channel exception! status = 0xffff info32 = 0x8 = Fifo: Watchdog Timeout Error" in my system.log