Mac OS X

9 posts in this topic

1- It is illegal for us to post links to a place where you could download this. However, try the usual torrent sites. You know- where pirates hang out, and where the demons lurk...

2- The latest version is 10.4.5 However, if you are new to this (which it looks like you are) I highly suggest that you install 10.4.3 first. It is not as complicated to install, and I believe it is more stable, and better performing anyway. In the future, once you have experience with 10.4.3, upgrading to a later version will be much easier for you!

I am very comfortable with OS X x86 now, but, I am still keeping 10.4.3 8F1111A with the JaS patch v4.2b, because I don't think upgrading is really worth it!

Thanks jbjonas

Torrent i have found.. but i am afraid it will take so long time to download it.. So if you have a link send to private message or to e-mail

anyway. I have installed 10.3.9

can i Update it to 10.4.4 ???

Ah, are you on a real Mac, as opposed to a PC? If so, then you need to go purchase a full version of OS X 10.4. It is a free upgrade to go from there to 10.4.5, but not free from 10.3.9.

If, however, you are hell-bent on getting an illegal copy of 10.4, then go right ahead. Make sure you are downloading the regular PowerPC version, and not the cracked x86 version.

And as a side note, Torrents will be much faster than a direct link.

Wow, that was a surprise! I didn't realize you are on a real Macintosh!! sorry about that- disregard what I said earlier - I was talking about OS X on x86 hardware (PC's which normally run Windows...) and i didn't check what forum you posted this in. Othewise, just listen to what theocryst said. :dev:

Guys. I am sorry.. may be i didn't explane right way. I have Apple G5. and it came with 10.3.9

I have found torrent link - osx86_10.4.4 Install DVD.iso

is it correct download for me?

and regarding your post i understand that there is a version of MAC OS that u can install on PC?