Hello everyone

For anyone with a AGP version of ATI Radeon HD 2400 AGP version

for more supoprt visit #RadeonHD channel

Device id: 94c4

Anyone with a ATI RADEON HD 2400 XT, radeond 3850 and 3650 agp version

plz join #RadeonHD channel for testing

picture1rf9.png

Download here

That is a straight and to the point post. It doesn't really tell you how it came to be that it was working. So I will. I picked the card up for myself thinking it was working. I saw radeon hd and didn't put together that this wasn't one of the working versions.

Get home and try some of the solutions .. a few hours later I get to a blue screen, bad farmebuffer or ogl. lastExile joins in about 6 hours into the ordeal. So him and I start to test bin patched x2000 extensions and try different versions of natit, dump the bios and add that into natit ..... everything and anything lol. then I think what about the 10.5.3 ogl and extensions. We try it and there you have it. Radeon 2400 hd pro supported.

Thanks again for the help lastExile, I appreciate it, as will a few other users I am guessing :)

Performances seem to be horrible, but that was expected without any AGP Gart :/

The performance is great here. I ran doom 3 max settings, hd video 720P no problems. what more would I want from a patched os ....

Even tho it is limited to the pci bus speed it still is a very powerful card.

this didnt work for me. After rebooting I get as far as the blue screen then it goes to black and shuts off the monitor.

I tried an upgrade of my Jas 10.4.8 to Zephyroth 10.5.2 and then a clean install of Zephy as well. So their were no other video kexts installed other then whatever is part of the OS install. Ive been unable to read what the prior error message was with -v as it just scrolls text and then the monitor cuts out.

Im starting to think I should just buy a used mac... =[

this didnt work for me. After rebooting I get as far as the blue screen then it goes to black and shuts off the monitor.

I tried an upgrade of my Jas 10.4.8 to Zephyroth 10.5.2 and then a clean install of Zephy as well. So their were no other video kexts installed other then whatever is part of the OS install. Ive been unable to read what the prior error message was with -v as it just scrolls text and then the monitor cuts out.

Im starting to think I should just buy a used mac... =[

I also got many blue screens while trying to get my card working.

Other news. I was able to get agpgart version f to load on my intel 865 chipset with hardware acceleration for the first time a few minutes ago. I need to fix a white menu issue, but this is a known issue when Radeon HD cards have an accelerated GART :D

Jas, can you point me in the right direction perhaps on what to try next? Or basically just start all over again? Im a total novice when it comes to graphics cards...

actually... I think I may have a different card.... my device ID is the same... but looking at you and Exile's info... mine is 256 mb card... not 512. Would that be the problem?

lol @ JaS's Mac Pro ;)
Nice , you always did have the money to throw around like that. your Mac Pro is killer. Enjoy it.
Jas, can you point me in the right direction perhaps on what to try next? Or basically just start all over again? Im a total novice when it comes to graphics cards... actually... I think I may have a different card.... my device ID is the same... but looking at you and Exile's info... mine is 256 mb card... not 512. Would that be the problem?
come to irc and we can set you up with some things to try

Hi, thanks for all work, I have an ati mobility 2400xt, I´m downloading right now and I test later, I let you know.

What exactly did you edited? I like to know because I think it´s the only solution for make mobility hd cards work.

Thanks

Found out what was causing the white menus. Changing the model name in natit from Radeon HD 2400 to Radeon HD 2400 Pro.

you can see the difference in the two pics I am about to post.

First pic is with Radeon HD 2400 in natit. Second is with Radeon HD 2400 Pro in Natit

post-1227-1211322201_thumb.png

post-1227-1211322213_thumb.png

Found out what was causing the white menus. Changing the model name in natit from Radeon HD 2400 to Radeon HD 2400 Pro.

you can see the difference in the two pics I am about to post.

First pic is with Radeon HD 2400 in natit. Second is with Radeon HD 2400 Pro in Natit

Very interesting ... hm

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So does this only include the AGP's, or will it include the PCI model of the card? My Dell has no PCI-E or AGP for some reason. I saw JaS that you mentioned the PCI's limited bandwidth, but it also says that the card is 512MB, and I'm pretty sure the PCI version is only 256MB.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to super n00b it up but I have the VisionTek HD 2400 PRO AGP 512MB Card, I have tried everything to get the QE enabled and cant get it working. Tried this supplied driver on my 10.5.4 with no luck then i just did a fresh install of iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 , then immediately installed your drivers, still no luck. If i don't boot up into safe-boot mode the screen just shows white boxes and i cant do squat. I tried removing exsitsing Nait.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and then re-installing only your drivers but that didnt work either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!