asus en8500gt top

cerilli420

5 posts in this topic

ive managed to get everything working perfectly except for my video card. ive tried nvinstaller v.41 and punk92's v.3, both made my system completely useless. with nvinstaller i was able to get the gui to load, sort of.. it showed the top menu and the dock, but no matter what i did, the display remained frozen. when i tried booting in safe mode, the log in screen loaded fine, but as soon as i logged in i got the same problem

using punk92's installer, i got nothing but a blue screen. i read somewhere on these forums to boot with -v -legacy -x, but that did nothing... i also read to boot with -s, then mount -uw /, then rm -R /system/library/extensions/nvinject.kext and reboot, but now i just get a black screen instead.

does anyone know of a way similar to how i installed my audio (made a dump of the codec under linux and installed with targuas patcher) to get this working? i ask because i HATE trial and error... with the audio i tried a bunch of dumps posted on the forums and nothing worked untill i made my own. and with that it wasnt such a big deal if i got it wrong, i just tried again, with the video drivers, when i get it wrong, ive been having to reinstall the entire os...

any suggestions are greatly appreciated

*update*

still no luck, i found that i dont have to reinstall the entire os everytime i screw this up tho (i use leo4all v3, which includes a script to remove video drivers, for anyone wondering, boot with -s, then "/sbin/mount -uw /" then "./options" and follow the steps on screen)

ive tried the 10.5.2 drivers with nvinject 0.1.3 256mb, nvinject 0.2.0 256mb, nvinject 0.2.1 256mb, and natit from punk92's v3.0 installer, nvinject 0.2.0 and natit gave me a black screen, and the others gave me a blue screen with the mouse, but still no gui.

i guess my next step is to try all the options with nvinstaller v.41, although i have little hope for it as ive already tried it with nvinject 0.2.1

i read something about using strings to identify the card instead of nvinject, although the whole subject is a bit fuzzy to me, hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction

finally got it... after updating the opengl framework (not entirely sure if this did anything but i did it anyway) and adding my NCAP settings to nvinject (open the info.plist property list editor in the xcode tools, and change the ncap line to <04000000 00000100 06000000 00000007 00000000> for a 8500gt), everything is working great.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...