USB network?

larsalan

3 posts in this topic

so, where/how could I manage network connections with my usb network card? The card is a linksys wusb54g v4 I dunno if I need a ralink driver or something? Do you look to configure the device in system prefrences/network? I have never gotten that device to "connect to the internet" outside of linux OSs. That is I have run it w/Kismac but, now I want to set it up in my new Leo4all hackintosh. Please don't tell me to go FAQ cause I did and could be there forever. I just installed a .dmg from ralink and it said it would restart and then the device needed to be configured but that's as far as I got (there was nowhere to "configure" anything at the aforementioned path)

thanks for any help

You need more info before trying to troubleshoot. Took a lot of trial and error/messin around to get my belkin adaptor workin, and i bought it just for osx86, heh.

Anyway,

Find out what version it is - from a quick bit of googling take a look at

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t18035.html

http://macosx.com/forums/networking-compat...r-10-4-6-a.html

also go the apple menu -> about this mac -> more info -> click on USB on the left hand side -> look in the right hand panel for your Wireless USB device -> click it and look at the info thats there, it'll probably give you a version number and chipset code. This is just to make sure you get the right driver - probably RT2000, or RT2500.

There will be solutions on this forum or with a bit of googling, but you just have to dig-deep and find it all. :)

I'm new at all this anyway, so fingers crossed someone else with the same device/chipset can help - i'd edit your post title to include the model/chipset too.

Woj

Yeah the rt2500 sounds right. I had just tried this "RTUSB D2870-1.0.1.0b_D71w-1.1.7.0c_D2500-1.1.3.0 UI-1.4.8.0_2007_11_26.dmg" one. Problem w/ system profiler is it crashes. My question still stands, I think, where do you manage connections w/ a usb network card if os x is seeing it? I'll look for the rt2500 again.

//update

Just tried another driver, (RT7X_Ralink_Installer.dmg), leo says that the one I installed before is a newer version got it straight from ralink so it should be new.

So, assuming that I have a driver installed can someone link me to info about making sure it loads during boot?

I will look at Aylwin's post a few down from mine seems like exactly the same issue.