integrated video ATI HD3200

xKIA

46 posts in this topic

Waiting , i guess nobody's interested to write drivers / kexts for this device family ! :lol:

Well, it' very hard to do. ATI Radeon HD3200 is IGP. It's based on AMD RS780(780G) chip and integrated into it. This card has only 64 Mb own memory and rest is shared with RAM. The chip is uses specific AMD CPU lines to implement some graphic(OpenGL) features. Apple is not support the AMD CPU's today, but AMD chipset RS780(780G) support was declared in Leopard 10.5.2 by Apple and this is very strange, may be because Apple planning include AMD CPU's support in MAC OS in the future. Anyway MAC OS is doesn't has the proper driver for this video card. And create driver with zero is very hard because, no driver sources provided by ATI to port to OSx for this card yet, no hardware specs and etc. Another way is Linux sources, I hear some Linuxes has this hardware support. Anyway wait for Apple...

well, I believe that it CAN be done. I hope to see a driver for the HD 3200 popping up soon.

BTW, if a guy were to make a driver package from scratch, what all would he need? just a .kext? or would there be some other things invovled?

well, I believe that it CAN be done. I hope to see a driver for the HD 3200 popping up soon.

BTW, if a guy were to make a driver package from scratch, what all would he need? just a .kext? or would there be some other things invovled?

You heard somewhere that apple is going to use hd3200 in some of the products it sails?

Dont give false hopes to anyone.If you want to have fully working graphics just buy the most afordable non-integrated gpu and thats it .paliotsipides

how can i install the driver for ati radeon hd 3200 for my notebook hp dv4-1155se?

i have the ipc leopard version

I am very sorry for that post and i let administrators to choose what the y will do but ARE YOU IDIOT?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I also have this Video card

yes this card is similar to the 2400, but the issue is that the kext for the 2400 does not recognize LVDV output (for laptop screen). I am no professional but I looked at the differences b/w that kext and one for a supported mobility card...so if there were a way (this is a theory, again I am no pro) if we take the 2400 driver and make it so it outputs to a laptop display, would that work?

Okay I also have this Video card

yes this card is similar to the 2400, but the issue is that the kext for the 2400 does not recognize LVDV output (for laptop screen). I am no professional but I looked at the differences b/w that kext and one for a supported mobility card...so if there were a way (this is a theory, again I am no pro) if we take the 2400 driver and make it so it outputs to a laptop display, would that work?

Fastest way is for you to hop into the irc channel and bug the devs for tips on how to roll your own driver. Maybe it'll be super easy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
yes, it works very smooth in Ubuntu, should i give up ?!! I have been waiting more than 1 year :P

iDeneb (the latest one) installed using the 2400 pcie kext and the display works. I dont think its graphics accelerated though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got an HP tx2513cl with the HD3200. Has anyone with this card on a similar tx25* series or any other laptop been able to get any other resolution than 1024x768 using boot.plist or any other method? Or does anyone know if a basic driver is being worked on or trying to be ported?

• 2 weeks later...

basically I have same request as all of the owners of HD 3200 card. I’ve searched trough many topics regarding mac osx86 suppoert and driver, however couldn’t find solution for my HD 3200.

What would be the outcome if I try to install some of the distro on my laptop regardless of missing graphic driver. Would I be able to have a GUI, and if so would I be able to play movies etc. what are disadvantages of missing graphic driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Even I have  Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2HP motherboard with HD 3200 Integrated..... I have installed iPC OSX 10.5.6 working at 1027x768 resolution but no further Graphic support... I m having 22" Dell Monitor so i need 1600x1050 resolution and at better graphic support... My Lan is working, Audio is working, but just getting back with graphic....... I m planning to install Snow Leopard tomorrow..... Developer its a request to do RND on it and provide a better solution for all HD 3200 users......... Thanks 

• 8 months later...

ATI Radeon HD 3200

I downloaded RadeonHD.kext.lebidou.zip from Post #115 here used Kext Helper to install driver, restarted & changed my resolution. :)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1305093

I hope this works for other people it sure worked for me! I tried everything... it would be nice to get CI/QE working but from what I hear it's not possible. I only wanted to maximize my resolution so the desktop looks decent. :wacko:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...