Xbox Controller Mic Drivers

4 posts in this topic

Okay, to start of this post I have searched but haven't found anything on here or on the web for audio drivers for the xbox controller. I Have downloaded Xbox HID Driver and it works for the controller itself but has no audio support. What I am wanting is the support for the communicator.

The communicator shows up in system profiler as a USB device e and so does the c controller.

Here are the stats that come up.

USB Device:

Version 1.21

Product ID 0x0289

Vendor ID: 0x045e

and

USB Device:

Version 1.58

Product ID 0x0283

Vendor ID 0x045e

If anyone one knows an equivalent driver that would work or one that i could edit the info plist on i'd greatly appreciate the help. Ive been searching forever. I'm mostly wanting this so i can use my headset for skype.

I love the lack of a response.... nobody know of any possible fix for this. I've tried to look for usb audio drivers that might work, but nothing. I'm sure that its not that complicated of a thing to figure out or find something similar. If they have drivers for the controller it shouldn't be too hard to get audio drivers working.. anyone else with a little more know how care to help?

Not many people are using the controller with OSX I bet. It is the original xbox controller right? I would look for linux or free bsd drivers and see what you get that way. Maybe there is an audio driver out there in one of those OS's. But your most likely gonna have to tackle this one on your own.

I have been on my own for even some of the parts of my laptop. Since very few people on this site have lenovo laptops. Thats just the way it is.

YA, I was afraid that would be the case. Everything is a bit over my head though. I can go in an edit plists of other drivers to work with similar products but actually creating something on my own from linux or something else is a bit beyond me. I have only a very brief knowledge of linux. Thanks for the advice though