Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Ladies and gentlemen, Drivers are UPDATED! Read the first page as usual for new drivers and obviously don't forget to report new issues etc to confirms bugs :)

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

Please read the first page properly (bottom of the first post).

Thanks for the update. Will test new drivers ASAP and donation is on the way. Thanks to you and Eugene for keeping us updated ;)

OK, I've just installed the drivers on my Audigy 2 ZS (SB0350 10K2 e400) and this is what's different:

- I now have 8 channels working!

- If you had previous drivers installed, you need to choose the correct speaker setup on Audio Midi Setup in order for it to configure itself perfectly (nice one!)

- In iTunes, I only have sound on the front speakers, but that's ok!

- Been playing music for 5 minutes now, and still perfect sound.

- I'm HAPPY! :P

Will send donation as soon as I can, promised!

PS: Now I only need to get this x1950Pro AGP card working and I'll have a full featured Hackintosh working! wOOt! :D

Another EXTREMELY HAPPY customer to the OSX Project. I have onboard audio on my mobo, but cant seem to find drivers. So instead i popped in my Audigy 2 ZS card that wasn't doing anything and low and behold... I CAN HEAR MUSIC! You guys absolutely rock. And this... just totally made me a hackintosh user for a long time :P

Thanks a million!

Why did you make this? Something so utterly awesome, something that almost nobody ever thought would be supported or even possible. something that probably took months of work... for only a handful of advanced users.

While I still can't use the volume knob on my external audigy 2, while it still doesn't support recording or MIDI, just making it so that I don't have to switch the plugs on my speakers every time I boot windows to do some recording work is an amazing thing.

I'll definitely be kicking in a tip to the donation site.

How the Hell is this not front page news and yet MOAR EFIX drama is ;\

This is one of the biggest things since Boot 132 and NO FRONT PAGE?

Not work :)

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c900]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.1b0

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c900]::initHardware(0x63b1b00)

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c900]::free()

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c900]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c200]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.1b0

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c200]::initHardware(0x63b1b00)

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c200]::free()

Sep 12 21:40:24 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6a6c200]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

Thanks Eugene,

Installed Beta driver on my Asus P5b Deluxe Hackintosh with Audigy 2 Sound Card and working perfectly. Haven't played about with any of the setting etc yet but held off until the Beta drivers where released and the 10min bug had gone.

Thanks for your support and look forward to your future releases.

Works fine, Audigy one here...

motherboard, asus rampage formula.

Only problem is bass is a little too much and some sounds are a little on the tingy side but its way more then i

every expected.

thanks for keeping up the good work guys.

Gonna sound like a broken record here, but the distortion bug remains.

Uninstalled 1.1b0

Installed 1.1b1

Rebooted

Checked kextstat to ensure right version loaded

Distorts after 1min

I have HALLAb up and running and an open IO Cycle Telemetry window. Then I'm lost. How do I capture output?

I have only a few problems with this great driver, but in the interest of improvement I guess I should register them.

Certain games only play out of one speaker. Examples include Warblade and Chuzzle.

There's one game that doesn't have any sound at all, but its a game that probably relies heavily on the DSP (Cave Story, uses many procedurally generated sounds to mimic 8-bit games) so I don't expect it'll work until you add support for that.

The external unit on my Audigy 2 7.1 24-bit HD audio's volume and mute controls don't work.

Thanks