Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

It works on El Capitan without a problem!

Since I did the update to El Capitan lately, just wanted to quickly chime in and also confirm the driver works like a charm with the increased buffers. The system even sleeps and resumes with audio fully working afterwards now with 10.11 (didn't work on Mavericks, with the defective Gigabyte board, resume failed with some PCI region problem, and the replacement Asus board failed to sleep properly at all, but I assume some configuration/ACPI/DSDT issue for the latter).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Since I did the update to El Capitan lately, just wanted to quickly chime in and also confirm the driver works like a charm with the increased buffers. The system even sleeps and resumes with audio fully working afterwards now with 10.11 (didn't work on Mavericks, with the defective Gigabyte board, resume failed with some PCI region problem, and the replacement Asus board failed to sleep properly at all, but I assume some configuration/ACPI/DSDT issue for the latter).

How did you increase buffer? I've read that the mods are included in the latest official driver, but I still have problems with Sblive! on El Capitan.

• 1 month later...

With me the driver worked with El Capitan installed with Enoch Chameleon, but using Clover the sound is crackly and the system crashes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same problem and this kext fixed it. I'm using Yosemite.

Confirmed working with Sierra 10.12 with my PCIe Audigy RX

Can any one help me to understand : 
1- How to use the Mixer ( As I can see only one output in Sound System Preferences). Is there a working version of kX Mixer ?
2- I've connected my PC Front panel. Now, I can plug the headphone/mic, but I still have sound coming out from the main output. Why the sound is not switching off automatically when I plug the HP ? is it a normal behaviour ?

Thanks a lot guys for your help !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello guys

I want to buy a new audio card for my rig and Audigy 2 looks fine (24/192 and all that stuff).

But only thing I can't figure out is inputs

Do they work? I really need my microphone to work

So can someone help me with that?

I'm on Sierra right now 

Hello guys

I want to buy a new audio card for my rig and Audigy 2 looks fine (24/192 and all that stuff).

But only thing I can't figure out is inputs

Do they work? I really need my microphone to work

So can someone help me with that?

I'm on Sierra right now 

I have not been able to get my Audigy card to work since Yosemite. I found that a very cheap USB sound device works perfectly well.

for the audigy rx and for better compatibility with newer versions of os x i am working on my own branch of this driver, you can find more info and a beta download at this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321954-kx-audio-driver-mod-sound-blaster-live-audigy-124rx-emu-edsp/

Hello i just found out about this here - freshly installed Soundblaster Audigy FX in a Powermac G5 Quad with running Leopard 10.5.8 PPC - can i use this

kXAudiodriver.kext 

to get this card recognized?

the driver is compatible only with some emu 10kx chips, not with the chip used on the audigy fx, so the card will not work with this driver, if you want, you can try voodoo hda that maybe can get it working, but i am not sure about it

to get the kx driver and mine driver mod to work under Mac OS X Yosemite and newer you have to use the kext-dev-mode=1 boot arg  and you have to make sure that your audio card is properly installed in your computer

ok, may be a conflict with other drivers, I suggest to you to try without other audio drivers installed, the kext has been tested and works apple alc and voodoo hda installed on the same machine, may be something conflicts with the card, so do some tests

I removed voodoohda as I do not use the onboard audio. I have been using a USB sound device that worked right away. I do not know if Sierra has installed any drivers for this. When trying to get my Audigy to work, the USB device is removed. I have two separate installs of Sierra and the card fails with either.