Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

neodude991

neodude991

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Don't seem to work with my Audigy SE :( Installs fine but not found in sound properties in system preferences. Running 10.4.11

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

dosent seem to work. all i get is static from the speakers

You should really provide SOME details on what you are trying to use... i.e. OS version, sound card, etc

Unless you were just complaining and didn't want help from people or to contribute to the test process?

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Don't seem to work with my Audigy SE :( Installs fine but not found in sound properties in control panel. Running 10.4.11

I think Audigy SE is not based on EMU10K(1 or 2) therefore it may not work on it...

jimeney

jimeney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
This is amazing news, just cracking the case open, and putting in my audigy 2 ZS platinum. Excited!

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Lama,

It was suggested in another thread that you please re-do the first post and make it more towards testing now? Suggested :

1) Erase the first post completely and just have the download details and official bug reporting URL.
2) List the cards and OS versions that are and are not working according to reports here. Such as a simple table like

Type OS X Version Speakers Supported Mic Other
Audigy 2 ZS (official Soundblaster card) 10.5.3 5.1, 2.1 etc Not working Sound out rear speakers

Thanks

neodude991

neodude991

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I think Audigy SE is not based on EMU10K(1 or 2) therefore it may not work on it...

Thats a real blow :censored2: And your right it lacks the EMU10K processor.

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Thats a real blow :censored2: And your right it lacks the EMU10K processor.

That is too bad. You could just buy a cheap Audigy 2 off ebay for almost nothing...

macspade

macspade

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
so no one is talking about sound quality itself? how does it stack up to its windows counterpart?

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

OK, OSX versions added and icons removed. About table, I can only provide information about my hardware and those who give feedback here...
As mentioned, its an "Afla" release and should not be compared with Win version immediately...

Of course but pooling it in the first thread will be a great way to stop the repeated questions :censored2: Thanks! :P

Here is mine

Card: Audigy 2 ZS (official Soundblaster card)
Speakers: 5.1
Sound routing: Rear speakers
Issues: Not yet

jimeney

jimeney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
OK I am pleased to report that it works great so far (only had sound playing for a couple of minutes so far, there have been reports of sound degrading over 10-15 minutes.

Specs:

Iatkos 4i
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro.
Using optical output to Sony receiver - PCM 48KHz output - perfect.

macspade

macspade

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

OK, OSX versions added and icons removed. About table, I can only provide information about my hardware and those who give feedback here...

As mentioned, its an "Afla" release and should not be compared with Win version immediately...

I understand that, of course theres alot to be done before we can compare. But is it enough to justify from using azalia based soundcard quality?? (Onboard Sound). Of course I shouldnt expect something huge, the fact there is support for audigy cards is appreciated, I just wanted to get more details on the sound itself rather than whats not working (which is expected). I'm sure theres bugs, thats okay though. Alpha is alpha

P.S thanks lama for the updates and everything, very helpful , but not so patient according to driverheaven ;)

jimeney

jimeney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
OK so as a proof of concept this is fantastic, however I am sad to report that after 10 minutes of sound playback the sound distorts and goes garbled. I know this is only at alpha stage, but having sound *at all* is brilliant progress. I'll stay tuned for updates. Good luck to all the others trying it out as we speak!

Iatkos 4i * Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I understand that, of course theres alot to be done before we can compare. But is it enough to justify from using azalia based soundcard quality?? (Onboard Sound). Of course I shouldnt expect something huge, the fact there is support for audigy cards is appreciated, I just wanted to get more details on the sound itself rather than whats not working (which is expected). I'm sure theres bugs, thats okay though. Alpha is alpha

P.S thanks lama for the updates and everything, very helpful , but not so patient according to driverheaven :)

Well it's needed for those of us with completely working systems except for the sound! Think of it, lots of systems work very well and it is normally the sound that's the deal breaker. Now, one can get a cheap Audigy card and not only get sound, but get 5.1 sound! that's better than a real mac ;)

LAMA,

You might also want to specifiy in the first post that these work with INTEL OS X.
Hagar's second post in the thread is out of date and says they are PPC, which is NOT the case anymore ;)

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
Drivers installed fine and detect my card. When Leopard boots I can hear a click in my speakers as if the card is working. But there is no sound (trying iTunes).

I just have a stereo speaker system but have configured the speakers as such because the reports are that only rear speaker output is working:

6: Sub Woofer
3: Front Left
5: Front Center
4: Front Right
1: Rear Left
2: Rear Right

Card detected as: kX CT4760 10k1 [9000]

OS in sig

I'm posting this here because I can't sign-up to driverheaven (Hotmail emails not allowed)

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Drivers installed fine and detect my card. When Leopard boots I can hear a click in my speakers as if the card is working. But there is no sound (trying iTunes).

I just have a stereo speaker system but have configured the speakers as such because the reports are that only rear speaker output is working:

6: Sub Woofer
3: Front Left
5: Front Center
4: Front Right
1: Rear Left
2: Rear Right

Card detected as: kX CT4760 10k1 [9000]

OS in sig

I'm posting this here because I can't sign-up to driverheaven (Hotmail emails not allowed)

The issue was also with me, I restarted (after setting up speakers) and sound worked (only on the rear speakers). if you copied and pasted this speaker preset (from DriverHeaven), understand that I posted it at Bug report url (my nick is Oxtie over there) :P and yes, you can try to workaround as you're not getting sound anyways. (but don't forget to restart after any speaker settings changes). If you're successful, please post your results here...

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
I've restarted after changing the speaker setup but still no dice. I did notice this in Audio MIDI Setup though.

Looks like the master volume is set to 0 and not selectable. Can you check yours and see if it looks like this?

Attached Files

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Mine is same, now when you click on Configure Speakers, Select 5.1 and (from behind of audio card) swap the wires from Left and Right TO Rear Left and REAR right... and see if works or not :D (oh yes don't forget your favorite restart...lol)

The thing is, this isn't a 5.1 card. I only have a stereo jack for output. No front/rear etc. It's just a basic SB Live Value.

It's great these drivers came out so quick. I hope I don't sound impatient or anything. It's just that I'm also juggling ethernet and speedstep issues at the same time :P

s1mmo

s1mmo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
{censored}...been waiting for these drivers ever since this thread was even made...turns out my Audigy SE isnt compatible LOL!!

Dmitrii

Dmitrii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Cross fingers, reboot and it's work on my spec! Thank you so much!!! Only 8 channel output in audiomidiutility and no input -_- I have 2.1 audio speakers. I not tested ext. module and i hope to this will work. What about remote control and front row, guys?

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
OK I got it at last!

Just selected stereo in speaker setup and set left speaker to channel 3 and right to 4 (in all my frantic clicking I didn't read that you can click on the speaker icon to hear a test sound. duh...). I get sound but it degrades within a couple of minutes. Still, that's a known bug right now. But it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy