Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

eugene, I would just want to say, Thank You. You did this with your spare time, and delivered. Donations maybe? haha

I'll be sure to post bugs AFTER you had your vacation lol. Enjoy it, I don't have osx86 installed, due to the lack of sound. But will give these a go. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Thanks again

P.S

To Eugene, or those who will try out the drivers, before I get home and re-install leopard. Is core audio functional?

Holy sh*t I have sound from my Audigy 2 ZS under Leopard.

All sound comes from the rear speakers as you said in your note. Also I don't see an Audio & Midi panel to configure. In the Sounds I see just a single slider for left and right balance. I don't see how to enable more than 2 channels?

newbmac, audio midi panel is located in the utilities folder, from the finder, click on go and look for utilities . The utilites folder is also located also in the applications folder

Ah thanks! Will try that later today...

OS X driver released - version 1.0b2

get it from here (don't forget to review 'known issues' and 'unimplemented' stuff):

http://www.driverheaven.net/mac-os-x-driver/

post your comments and bug reports to driverheaven forum please, since I cannot read both forums regularly

--

Lama, please update your topic:

* official site is www.kxproject.com

* E-DSP will only work if you boot OS X after Windows (with kX for Windows installed) - because E-DSP FPGA microcode needs to be loaded, and no such option exists for OS X at the moment

* DELL OEM card will never be supported

E.

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll

PAGE UPDATED :angel:

dosent seem to work. all i get is static from the speakers

You should really provide SOME details on what you are trying to use... i.e. OS version, sound card, etc

Unless you were just complaining and didn't want help from people or to contribute to the test process?

Lama,

It was suggested in another thread that you please re-do the first post and make it more towards testing now? Suggested :

1) Erase the first post completely and just have the download details and official bug reporting URL.

2) List the cards and OS versions that are and are not working according to reports here. Such as a simple table like

Type OS X Version Speakers Supported Mic Other

Audigy 2 ZS (official Soundblaster card) 10.5.3 5.1, 2.1 etc Not working Sound out rear speakers

Thanks

OK, OSX versions added and icons removed. About table, I can only provide information about my hardware and those who give feedback here...

As mentioned, its an "Afla" release and should not be compared with Win version immediately...

Of course but pooling it in the first thread will be a great way to stop the repeated questions :censored2: Thanks! :P

Here is mine

Card: Audigy 2 ZS (official Soundblaster card)

Speakers: 5.1

Sound routing: Rear speakers

Issues: Not yet

OK I am pleased to report that it works great so far (only had sound playing for a couple of minutes so far, there have been reports of sound degrading over 10-15 minutes.

Specs:

Iatkos 4i

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro.

Using optical output to Sony receiver - PCM 48KHz output - perfect.

OK, OSX versions added and icons removed. About table, I can only provide information about my hardware and those who give feedback here...

As mentioned, its an "Afla" release and should not be compared with Win version immediately...

I understand that, of course theres alot to be done before we can compare. But is it enough to justify from using azalia based soundcard quality?? (Onboard Sound). Of course I shouldnt expect something huge, the fact there is support for audigy cards is appreciated, I just wanted to get more details on the sound itself rather than whats not working (which is expected). I'm sure theres bugs, thats okay though. Alpha is alpha

P.S thanks lama for the updates and everything, very helpful , but not so patient according to driverheaven ;)

OK so as a proof of concept this is fantastic, however I am sad to report that after 10 minutes of sound playback the sound distorts and goes garbled. I know this is only at alpha stage, but having sound *at all* is brilliant progress. I'll stay tuned for updates. Good luck to all the others trying it out as we speak!

Iatkos 4i * Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

I understand that, of course theres alot to be done before we can compare. But is it enough to justify from using azalia based soundcard quality?? (Onboard Sound). Of course I shouldnt expect something huge, the fact there is support for audigy cards is appreciated, I just wanted to get more details on the sound itself rather than whats not working (which is expected). I'm sure theres bugs, thats okay though. Alpha is alpha

P.S thanks lama for the updates and everything, very helpful , but not so patient according to driverheaven :)

Well it's needed for those of us with completely working systems except for the sound! Think of it, lots of systems work very well and it is normally the sound that's the deal breaker. Now, one can get a cheap Audigy card and not only get sound, but get 5.1 sound! that's better than a real mac ;)

LAMA,

You might also want to specifiy in the first post that these work with INTEL OS X.

Hagar's second post in the thread is out of date and says they are PPC, which is NOT the case anymore ;)

Drivers installed fine and detect my card. When Leopard boots I can hear a click in my speakers as if the card is working. But there is no sound (trying iTunes).

I just have a stereo speaker system but have configured the speakers as such because the reports are that only rear speaker output is working:

6: Sub Woofer

3: Front Left

5: Front Center

4: Front Right

1: Rear Left

2: Rear Right

Card detected as: kX CT4760 10k1 [9000]

OS in sig

I'm posting this here because I can't sign-up to driverheaven (Hotmail emails not allowed)

Drivers installed fine and detect my card. When Leopard boots I can hear a click in my speakers as if the card is working. But there is no sound (trying iTunes).

I just have a stereo speaker system but have configured the speakers as such because the reports are that only rear speaker output is working:

6: Sub Woofer

3: Front Left

5: Front Center

4: Front Right

1: Rear Left

2: Rear Right

Card detected as: kX CT4760 10k1 [9000]

OS in sig

I'm posting this here because I can't sign-up to driverheaven (Hotmail emails not allowed)

The issue was also with me, I restarted (after setting up speakers) and sound worked (only on the rear speakers). if you copied and pasted this speaker preset (from DriverHeaven), understand that I posted it at Bug report url (my nick is Oxtie over there) :P and yes, you can try to workaround as you're not getting sound anyways. (but don't forget to restart after any speaker settings changes). If you're successful, please post your results here...