Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

I have problems with my Audigy 2 at kXdrivers running on Leopard 10.5.6.

My sound is very loud, but I can't change that volume in the kXdriver app because it doesn't work. The app opens but I can't change anything.

I've used the kXdrivers in Windows before and I got the same problem, only then I could change the volume in the kXdriver configuration. On OSX i cant. Is there a fix for this?

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if one of you guys using plex. I can't get 5.1 sound only in plex, vlc ist working fine, with same audiodevice. I have SL 10.6.3 wit a audigy 2 zs. I also tried XBMC and Boxee, all audiochannels are wrong mappes, like voices from rear speakers. Thank you!

Edit: Plex is only working with 2.0 sound!

hello,

I'm running the 1.3b0 on iPC 10.5.6 (pentium 4, Creative SB Live! card) and it works very well! well, aside from one problem:

When trying to use certain apps, in this case WaveBurner (comes with Logic), I cannot configure the driver from the app preferences; i can only pick "AC97 (PCM)". And of course I have no output from said program.

as far as I know there is no DSP mixer still, right? any other way to fix this?

i have one old card SB live! 5.1 

does this driver work well on it?

i have tried to installed kx driver 1.11b0 beta for my ipc 10.5.6 . 

it doesn't work..

ps:pardom my bad english....

I was wondering if one of you guys using plex. I can't get 5.1 sound only in plex, vlc ist working fine, with same audiodevice. I have SL 10.6.3 wit a audigy 2 zs. I also tried XBMC and Boxee, all audiochannels are wrong mappes, like voices from rear speakers. Thank you!

Edit: Plex is only working with 2.0 sound!

You have configured: utilities/ audio midi setup?

I have onboard sound and audigy2. I have used audigy2 before with 10.5. I can't get it to work in 10.6. Onboard sound works. I tried disabling onboard in bios and deleting voodoohda,applehda, hda enabler, and changing pci slots for audigy. One thing I noticed was the audigy2 was not in about this mac in pci cards. Kx 1.3 kexts are loaded in extensions.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks jm

• 2 weeks later...
was using wrong version for SL 1.11b works fine for me..

Thanks for clarifying. 1.11b had been working fine for me since 10.6.1. After updating to 10.6.4 the sound became garbled. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

I've always used Kx alongside VoodooHDA for my built-in sound.

edit:

fixed by removing all audio kexts and restarting and rebuilding kext cache, then adding voodoohda, then restarting then adding kx audio again. Both work.

Working perfectly with 10.6.4

Board intel DG31PR

Sound Card - SoundBlaster Live! 5.1

Onboard ALC888 disabled in BIOS

Using version 1.111b0 of the Kx driver

iTunes,iChat, Y!Messenger and Adium had sound

VLC, Plex and Movist had 5.1 surround sound (aggregate device with 8 channels)

Thank you Eugene! You're the man!