Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Driver works great.

For the sleep/wakeup issue I use the next solution :

Download and Install SleepWatcher.

Edit /etc/rc.sleep and add this line at the end :

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Edit /etc/rc.wakeup and add this two lines at the end :

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext
   sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Finally, edit /etc/sudoers and add this two lines at the end :

%users localhost=/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext
   %users localhost=/sbin/kextload   /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

I tried a few times the sleep/wakeup and it worked just great for me.

Note : The reason for unloading the kext both at sleep and wake is because same time it doesn't unload properly the first time, I think because the audio is in use.

hmm, followed your steps but doesnt seem to work for me...

Audigy 2 ZS PCI on my K8V-SE Deluxe is working fabulously. I was searching forever for some AD1980 kexts that would work with my onboard sound, thank you so much for getting these out to all of us using Audigy cards on our OSX86 machines.

hey all, great work!!!

can someone help me, i just updated to 10.5.5 form kalyway's 10.5.2.

I need help getting my Audigy 2 ZS card to work!!!...with this driver, i can get audio out, but thats it!!!..any way to get input??

Thanks in advance!!

Justin

hey all, great work!!!

can someone help me, i just updated to 10.5.5 form kalyway's 10.5.2.

I need help getting my Audigy 2 ZS card to work!!!...with this driver, i can get audio out, but thats it!!!..any way to get input??

Thanks in advance!!

Justin

Answers to all your questions are in the first post....

specifically: "* 16/24-bit recording" not implemented. (no mic in)

This 1.21b version has worked fine with my Audigy for months and several 10.5.x iterations for DVDs, OS sounds, iTunes, etc., BUT on Internet radio such as Radioshift, all I get is a type of birdsong twittering out of both speakers.

Any suggestions why and possible solutions?

Hello All!

I'am was install latest kX drivers 1.2b1 on Retail 1054 update to 1056 MAC OS X.

and get that bug after some circle off/on of my Hack.

Jan 11 07:37:50 Mac kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x68fc700]::init: --- driver start-up, version 1.2b1
Jan 11 07:37:50 Mac kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x68fc700]::initHardware(0x5ff8580)
Jan 11 07:37:50 Mac kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x68fc700]::free()
Jan 11 07:37:50 Mac kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x68fc700]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed
Jan 11 07:37:50 Mac kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

Sound did not work out of the box. i must reinstall drivers with fully reboot. and then my audio work fine some few hour, but after reboot it again get iKX interface already closed

Update:

some happings abount...

after touch extensions folder and reboot sound card still have interface close, and after clear whole of kind caches and update prebinding with OSX86Tools it work again... but i think after next reboot i've againg close interfase....

that bug show it sef only in Retail instalations..

i got a problem with 5.1 sound.. when i play a hd movie 720p the sound have some cracking sound... i dont think it is a cpu problem c2c 3,2ghz should be enough anyone know any tips?

edit...

ok.. .even on the test mp3s from oxtie i have the cracking sound on buffering ... (when i play it again after it is full loaded it plays normal) :(

UPD:

i found the skeleton in my clothed...

that is some is wrong in System Application Cache.

after i'am cleaning it with OSX86Tools and reboot my card return to work...(still 5.1 surround scheme)

another half-solve is 5.1 surruond scheme. If a'im swith for 2 channels stereo my card still work after reboot. and a'im dont need to clear System Application cache.

that problem happens after i'am Install/Uninstall Soundflower and do some configuration to make input. (but i solfe input problem with buying a cheap U.S.Robotics skype usb phone).

it so weird...

any thought will be a welcome.

Thanks. Your solution helped me, but I have a problem. Audible sound is good for few seconds after the sound became distorted. There is a solution for this problem?

In Sound / Output panel from System preferences >is this device kX SB0222 10k1 [1040] PCI card

Sound / Input - No input device found

Thanks in advance.

...sound became distorted. There is a solution for this problem?

...Sound / Input - No input device found

If you're little annoyed about distortion, you may want to give Eugene some details with hallab etc (click here) :blink: while some of them have already submitted it earlier, its just that there was no new release specific response from E since long time ( :( Vacation maybe)

Oh and input is not yet implemented (see release notes) who knows, maybe in next release? :wacko:

Edit: HERE Some Xcode related more information (you can try to read and understand)

EDIT2: You maybe interested in page 6 7 8 of this thread (talks about automatically loading and unloading kExt which is a temp. workaround). Beware this will mostly crash media playback but won't annoy you to manually reload kext by typing commands... lol

Thanks. Your solution helped me, but I have a problem. Audible sound is good for few seconds after the sound became distorted. There is a solution for this problem?

In Sound / Output panel from System preferences >is this device kX SB0222 10k1 [1040] PCI card

Sound / Input - No input device found

Thanks in advance.

please make quote like mine.

Just report back that on iPC distro, after sleeping the computer, the KX driver stops working. Have to reboot to get sound again.
Is there much of difference in 10.5.4 to 10.5.6? now thats because I've not updated (no chance in future either) unless Snow Leopard pops out of nowhere ;)

Its like fine installation for me (with all appz + tweaks + settings) really won't blow it for updates ( :thumbsup_anim: specially after E'z frozen indefinitely)

Is there much of difference in 10.5.4 to 10.5.6? now thats because I've not updated (no chance in future either) unless Snow Leopard pops out of nowhere :censored2:

Its like fine installation for me (with all appz + tweaks + settings) really won't blow it for updates ( :thumbsup_anim: specially after E'z frozen indefinitely)

Probably nothing, just bug fixes and tweaks by apple.

I just upgraded because:

1) I wanted to try the new distro from PcWiz

2) My 10.5.3 kalyway was getting long in the tooth

3) I find re-installing from a distro that already has the latest update installed easier, more reliable, and MUCH less stressful than upgrading.

My audio works perfectly with these drivers. However I am unable to shutdown the computer; it just goes to sleep. If I remove the kext from the folder the computer shuts down (and audio goes).

Has there been a solution to this? It appears that leopard is not able to unload it or something. Similarly to how one can add cpus=1 or 2 or 4 in the boot.ini file would it possible to load the kext at startup and to unload it before shutting down?

Thanks for any replies.

My audio works perfectly with these drivers. However I am unable to shutdown the computer; it just goes to sleep. If I remove the kext from the folder the computer shuts down (and audio goes).

Has there been a solution to this? It appears that leopard is not able to unload it or something. Similarly to how one can add cpus=1 or 2 or 4 in the boot.ini file would it possible to load the kext at startup and to unload it before shutting down?

Thanks for any replies.

hmmm? which version osx? distro? card?

You can try changing stand-by (aka suspend) mode in BIOS to different mode. (for example if it is S3, try S1 etc). If you disable power management in BIOS (suspend or sleep or modem/ethernet wakeup events etc) does it fix your shutdown?

If you want to use only Single CPU, there is a tweaking program mac pilot (which can help you to do this safely, google it)

You may want to check this link too...

hmmm? which version osx? distro? card?

You can try changing stand-by (aka suspend) mode in BIOS to different mode. (for example if it is S3, try S1 etc). If you disable power management in BIOS (suspend or sleep or modem/ethernet wakeup events etc) does it fix your shutdown?

If you want to use only Single CPU, there is a tweaking program mac pilot (which can help you to do this safely, google it)

You may want to check this link too...

Thanks for the quick response; I'm using Ideneb 1.3 (so 10.5.5) - I'm not too sure on the exact card (I will check when I get home) but it is an Audigy I believe. I've tried all three versions of the kext.

I've been googling around and it appears quite a few Ideneb users experience this problem; the shutdown fix going around I think addresses a different problem. Shutdown works when I first install leopard; then when I install the kxaudiodriver the computer switches off but the fans remain on (not sure whether its sleep or hibernation). If I remove the kext before shutdown and manually put it back in on startup everything works - so I was just wondering whether there was anything that could let me write it into a shutdown file (similarly to how I have included cpus=4 in boot.ini so that leopard uses my quadcore; I get 200 on Xbench now :D).

I tried the sleepwalker link; I wasn't to sure how to edit the two files mentioned so I just pasted in the code at the very end however it does not appear to have done anything. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that is related to users not having audio work when they return from sleep?

A slightly offtopic question: does turning the PC off by holding the button damage it in anyway? If not, then its not really a big problem as I can press shutdown, it goes to sleep, and I hold the power button until it switches off.

Thanks again for all the help :)

You're saying your last kalyway distro worked ok so, what could be the difference? (that maybe causing this)? I'm not too deep into os, but maybe this new distro added some extra/updated kext which maybe incapable of resuming from wakeup? 

Pressing About > More Info... (system profile) > Extensions > shows all that is loaded (kexts) right? There maybe some (new/updated) kext safe to unload (which you can do @ terminal --> sudo -s > kextunload /system/library/newExtensionAddedByDistro.kext and try sleep + wakeup again). In windows, usually its certain drivers that prevent wake-up and disabling one at a time using trial & error finds the problematic driver.

maybe you can catch it this way (or installing kalyway and screen capturing all loded extensions??? which is a long way :)) either of ways, I'm little curious about how this gets solved  :)

EDIT: When you're installing OSX, you probably selected many items in "customize", I guess you also remember what you choose in kalyway setup (maybe I'll find some screenshot & release notes here somewhere).

EDIT2: Yawnnnnnn.....

In Kalyway I never tried to sleep my computer.... so not sure if there was a problem or not.