Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

You saved my ol` Audigy Player for a second time Eugene! First time 2y ago, when SB guys were to lazy to make proper drivers for Vista, then now I may update my signature at last! 1.2b1 works out of the box - iTunes, GarageBand, Reason, Logic Pro. 5.1 no problem. VLC plays .ac3 nicely. Just wake up is the small issue, but I can`t use sleep anyway - my second display won`t wake up either. It`s been long way from C-Media, Thrust, ALC882 to SB. Thanks a lot mate!

Did a casual search here and at Driverheaven's forum and saw that the Dell OEM SB Live! is not currently supported. Are there any plans to add this in the future? If so, any kind of time frame for that?

I just got a hackintosh up and running on a Dell Dimension 4550 with iATKOS 5i partitioned with Windows XP. Can't believe how smoothly everything runs. Ethernet and video cards all recognized, just trying to see about the audio. The PCI card works in XP and is recognized in the PCI slot in the BIOS settings, but not found in the system profile on the mac. Any tips would be great! Thanks for all your hard work!

-james

:P Its emu10k1, maybe you should search DH or ask why dell OEM live cards are not supported.

It is a special card made for Dell and requires a different driver than the emu10k1 as it does not use the same chipset the OP can search on that and put Linux with it to see all the gory details, there the driver for it is known as emu10k1x.

Hi people,

I was just wondering if anyone got this same issue as me: I can't use the 1.2 versions because I have no system sound with it, so for now I'm sticking with 1.1b0.

Has anyone had this same issue (and possibly a solution) where the extension works with everything besides system sound?

thanks for your attention

success here. im running a new core i7 system and it works. havent really tested it yet, but i dont seem to be getting 5.1 from dvd player or front row. i have set up the speakers in midi setup thingy. is there an extra step for dvd player?

thanks for any help

thanks to eugene for the great drivers!!

Спасибо за драйвер! Все работает отлично! Но в некоторых играх таких как НФС Карбон работает только левый канал. Как это поправить?

With 1.2b1 driver my Audigy2 ZS works perfect. Thanks!

But In some games like NFS Carbon (Cider port) work only left channel.

Any solution?

I got Creative SB Live 5.1..

Many time it was disabled, I even switch to internal card (ADI 9221)..

But now I'm happily listening to all power and quality of kX driver release, thank you so much!!!

After that i've read all the topic and installed a version of driver for my 1212( that didn't work) , i couldn't find an answer and would ask it self:

Is now a driver for EMU 1212 released?? Is there anybody, who s got this soundcard (or an alike one) working on his osx? Or is it not yet usable? Is there any good instructions to install the driver?

Please help me, i'm an absolute newbie...And sorry for my bad english ;)

Thank you

Driver works great.

For the sleep/wakeup issue I use the next solution :

Download and Install SleepWatcher.

Edit /etc/rc.sleep and add this line at the end :

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Edit /etc/rc.wakeup and add this two lines at the end :

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext
   sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Finally, edit /etc/sudoers and add this two lines at the end :

%users localhost=/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext
   %users localhost=/sbin/kextload   /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

I tried a few times the sleep/wakeup and it worked just great for me.

Note : The reason for unloading the kext both at sleep and wake is because same time it doesn't unload properly the first time, I think because the audio is in use.

Driver works great.

For the sleep/wakeup issue I use the next solution :

This is a fine workaround :) though I realized that after system comes back from sleep, it becomes a little slow :D all the minimize etc genie effects lag a bit (not saying your workaround has anything to do with it) :D its just something else... i don't know.

Did it ever occur to anyone that a DOS program, mpxplay can play audio files without the need of DOS drivers getting initialized? I discovered it long time back and source code is also out there (somewhere). Well, it won't play straight after typing mpxplay, but you have to first type card detection string ( -sc(something) ) then start the exe and hear from all speakers :) I see the first post talks about source, I'm not much of coder but this small DOS app says (PCI cards (native handling): SB Live/Live24, Audigy 1,2,4,LS; CMI 8338/8738; Intel ICH, Intel HDA, VIA 686/8233/8235) I wonder what they have in their source beside tomatoes :P

Check out my new topic about scanners and printers :)

Just tested here, and all work good, including the genius minimize effect...

I've here Mac OS X 10.5.6 based on Kalyway, running with Vanilla Kernel, Graphics with EFI and SKGE kext for the Ethernet.

If your system go slow after sleep, you can check that it's not the Driver by unloading it with the same command as the rc.sleep :help:

here is my experience with it:

First time i tried the drivers they were really at an early stage, so i decided to give it some more time...

Today i saw my Audigy 2 and decided to give it a second try, after a little testing i can say that all works good (Leo4all v3 updated to 10.5.5). There is only one thing thats annoying me and makes me wonna go back to the integrated sound card... Maybe is my fault maybe is just a little thing that i am doing wrong (i hope to be so), but when i play music in iTunes with iWOW it seems that the iWOW effects affect only the left channel and this really makes the iWOW useless... I kinda hope there is a setting or something... I will try few other things but i will be happy to hear any idea or suggestion...

Anyways thx for the great work.

If your system go slow after sleep, you can check that it's not the Driver by unloading it with the same command as the rc.sleep :thumbsup_anim:
As i said earlier, its not kx driver (i know that) its something else I can't find... :thumbsup_anim: though, I'm after it due to its very annoying condition...

dosn't support sb0162?? after install the kxdriver,can't see sound icon on the taskbar. kxAudiodriver.kext not loaded.

-----Using tubgirl AMD Tiger 10.4.10 , 8.10.1 kernel

This sb0162 works good for win2003

Is that Audugy ES OEM? ;) it is suppose to work (shows under supported list). Have you tried any leopard builds? maybe some depending files missing? :) Did you go through general checks at page1?

Is that Audugy ES OEM? it is suppose to work (shows under supported list). Have you tried any leopard builds? maybe some depending files missing? Did you go through general checks at page1?

thank you for your reply.

The PCB version is SB0160, I don't know either. I tried kalyway leopard 10.5.2 last night,still the same,Wow, some depending files missing? what are these? i'm a newbie.

thank you for your reply.

The PCB version is SB0160, I don't know either. I tried kalyway leopard 10.5.2 last night,still the same,Wow, some depending files missing? what are these? i'm a newbie.

I ment some plugins or something like ICH etc (see the first post@page1, little below and answer accordingly here).