Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

I'm having similar issues as the other folks. I installed it just fine, but when I try to play something with 5.1 (Gladiator in 5.1), or even a demo 5.1 speaker tester online, on my system the rear two speakers are rerouted to the front. I even went to the panel to choose 5.1 and test my speakers, and when I clicked on all channels it worked. However if I exit that and go back in it reverts to the stereo. I am using the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (non Pro). Any ideas as to why it's not working? Thanks.

Well I read here, and some links over this thread about the Audigy 4, like I have... Works great so far with 5.1 sound.

My Issues...

Panic Kernel when play movies with Quicktime or VLC, didnt try Real Player...

Shutdown Works

Restart Works

Sleep didnt try, I dont like it XD

If you need some special info let me know and good work :rolleyes: ima try to Help you with your "Burgers" soon as possible, and thx for your great job man! Waiting for dat driver eh :angel:

Hi,

I ned your help, I installed MAC OS X on my PC and want to ask you If you can tell how I can run my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music Soundcard.

I know that I can use my onboard soundchip but I have this card used in Vista and want to use it in MAC OS X, too. S, please tell how I can get it to work...

Thanks

mumpits

Hi,

I ned your help, I installed MAC OS X on my PC and want to ask you If you can tell how I can run my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music Soundcard.

I know that I can use my onboard soundchip but I have this card used in Vista and want to use it in MAC OS X, too. S, please tell how I can get it to work...

Thanks

mumpits

X-Fi series uses different chip (EMU20Kx) and Audigy+Live series uses different chip (EMU10kx), kX does not support chip in X-FI series Why? Click number 1 (below in my signature next to X-Fi), also read this thread's first page properly if you want X-Fi :gathering: AND, in my signature below click number "3" (this is where you can talk about it and not here)

EDIT: Newbmac, if you're responding to this, be polite (everyone had their new days here, even you)

X-Fi series uses different chip (EMU20Kx) and Audigy+Live series uses different chip (EMU10kx), kX does not support chip in X-FI series Why? Click number 1 (below in my signature next to X-Fi), also read this thread's first page properly if you want X-Fi :P AND, in my signature below click number "3" (this is where you can talk about it and not here)

EDIT: Newbmac, if you're responding to this, be polite (everyone had their new days here, even you)

That's why I decided not to even respond. :( Not going to waste time on these types of questions anymore :D

While everyone is new at one point, I never posted a question without bothering to even read the first post in a thread or doing extensive forum searches :) Most of these newbs come here very lazy as evidenced by their inability to bother reading your first post where you clearly say XFI won't work and go whine about it elsewhere :P

I'm sorry if this is already answered, but I have read the posts (ALL of them) and can't seem to get a grasp on how precisely to install the drivers. There were a couple which hinted at installing it in windows first but I can't fathom how that would do anything...then again it is 330 am and maybe I'm just lost.

I downloaded the driver file, installed it, and I get the driver listed under the Sound setting in System Preferences but nowhere do I see Audio Midi (mentioned repeatedly) etc and under Output, it lists kX Em8960 10K8(ec00) as a PCI card (which is great) but it states that the selected device has no output controls.

I am using an EMU 1616 PCI through the standard 1010 daughter card. There are no designated rear ports to try, only numerous out ports. I am running 10.5.2 and under About This Mac, the PCI section reads there are none and that there is no built in audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the trouble...

ASUS Maximus Motherboard

Q6600 2.4 quad core

Radeon 3870 512 Mb

EMU 1616 PCI with 1010 daughter card

4 Gb DDR2 RAM

I'm sorry if this is already answered, but I have read the posts (ALL of them) and can't seem to get a grasp on how precisely to install the drivers. There were a couple which hinted at installing it in windows first but I can't fathom how that would do anything...then again it is 330 am and maybe I'm just lost.

I downloaded the driver file, installed it, and I get the driver listed under the Sound setting in System Preferences but nowhere do I see Audio Midi (mentioned repeatedly) etc and under Output, it lists kX Em8960 10K8(ec00) as a PCI card (which is great) but it states that the selected device has no output controls.

I am using an EMU 1616 PCI through the standard 1010 daughter card. There are no designated rear ports to try, only numerous out ports. I am running 10.5.2 and under About This Mac, the PCI section reads there are none and that there is no built in audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the trouble...

ASUS Maximus Motherboard

Q6600 2.4 quad core

Radeon 3870 512 Mb

EMU 1616 PCI with 1010 daughter card

4 Gb DDR2 RAM

Audio Midi.app can be found in "Utilities" folder (which is inside Applications folder and also in main desktop's menu).

That's why I decided not to even respond. :) Not going to waste time on these types of questions anymore :D

While everyone is new at one point, I never posted a question without bothering to even read the first post in a thread or doing extensive forum searches :) Most of these newbs come here very lazy as evidenced by their inability to bother reading your first post where you clearly say XFI won't work and go whine about it elsewhere :P

Everybody is not as genius as you :) Its how it is right now and most likely in future (questions), so why get upset? You know, no matter what you say to them, there is always going to be new guys and the same old questions. You can end up getting blood pressure etc problems if you cannot get it under control (the behaviour :P ) If this gets worse, when someone else feels bad about it even moderators :police: can get "blood pressure" which is not expected to be in your favor ;)

i have [AMD] Lawless Phenom Leopard 10.5.4 and Creative SB Audigy Live! Downloaded the latest driver in dmg extention and it hasn't stood. Tryed to disable on-board AC97, but it didn't help somehow... My SB Live! doesn't seem to be appeared ^_^

question regarding speaker setup:

i am using an audigy 2, and got stereo playback working.

the sound is clear and nice, no kernel panics etc. whatsoever.

what i want to achieve:

output to both my headphones as well as my amplifier

what i did:

i opened the midi config tool and switched from stero to multichannel and selected quadraphonie.

i set the rear speakers (connected to the black jack on the card) to channel 5 & 6.

i tried to play a song on itunes, and as it didn't work i tried again after a restart.

result:

when i am clicking the rear speaker icons i do get the test sound (pretty loud), but there is no playback when using itunes :>

there is some "ground noise" and when i turn up the volume on both the channel as well as the master gain from my mixer (external hardware), plus the volume on the amp i can hear the song playing quietly. If i would play the test sound with these settings i am pretty sure the speakers would burst...

any ideas?

edit:

after further looking around the thread it seems like itunes won't handle 5.1 - i changed the mapping back to stereo and use channel 5&6 with my amp connected to the rear (black) jack.

Did you tried the sleep, i have audigy 4 pro but with kx driver installed does not sleeps.

Zaurak, :D I did tell your to put your stand-by mode (sleep mode) to S1 in BIOS @ DriverHeaven. Other then that, I've read that you've performed Eugene's steps so, E is surely doing something to find this issue of yours but in my case, Sleep works perfectly! (with S1 mode and doesn't with S3 without kX installed). Zaurak, please try the previous builds (1.0b2, 1.0b3, 1.1b0 links in my signature) and let E know whether it works or not! (at DriverHeaven where you started the post originally)

Anyone else? with shutdown/stand-by issues post kX installation??? please follow the bug report conversations...

not support AMD?
No, ONLY x86, not PPC

AMD supports x86 (even x64) and they are not PPC Just slightly different kernel :(. (Motorola G4 and IBM G5 were power processors). Anyways, not sure whether AMD works or not, kX FAQ for win shows "AMD" :)

ciao

i use ideneb 1.3 10.5.5, my creative live pci doesn't work after the installation of kxaudio driver, there isn't any pci detected in the system profiler. what can i do?!?!?!?!

thx

I assume you've checked the compatibility list (check my signature if you missed first page), I also assume that you have Intel processor as above quotes aren't exactly friendly type. :)

I just hope it won't be too long before we get our hands on the new version of the driver(?1.1b2?). I've got a SB0060(Live 5.1) and I get distortions roughly after 1 minute. Eugene I can't thank you enough for your contribution to the OSx86 society. Well Written! :P

btw, why do you think AMD is not supported? : )

I guess it is, because AMD uses slightly different kernel, but the reset of the OS X components should run fine

E.

EDIT: wait a min, are you saying it works on AMD already? hmmm, everytime i read your text... confusing...

I don't have AMD + that dude's question makes it look like it didn't work, if kX works for all x86 processors its cool kewl :D I am not a cool programmer like you :hysterical: but even if AMD dudes are few with emu10x, they can sure be your fans (+1 at minimum) depending upon how slight different kewl kernel you are :hysterical:

edit: but hey guys, proves the point, E is aliveeeee : ))))))

I've got an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ and on my machine it works perfectly, except that i get sound distortions(like the rest of you) after approx. 1 minute. But then if i do kextunload, kextload it comes back to normal(for yet another minute). The version that i'm running is 1.1b1.

I've got an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ and on my machine it works perfectly, except that i get sound distortions(like the rest of you) after approx. 1 minute. But then if i do kextunload, kextload it comes back to normal(for yet another minute). The version that i'm running is 1.1b1.

Thanks for the info, front page fixed, earlier responses edited :D  

Hey, me again. I have installed the Kx audio drivers on my windows installation and have been unable to get the sound working in Leopard. Again I have an EMU 1616 PCI card and have activated the drivers under the midi/audio settings as well as the sound menu in the Preferences window. Everything seems to be fine and still no sound.

Is there any reason why the Firmware is not auto loading? Is there any chance that that will be corrected in the future? I am very excited about having proper sound support for my Hackintosh but having to install the drivers in widows seems a weird work around. Beyond that, though I am not sure if this would matter, I have Windows and Leopard on two separate drives...will installing in windows even work?

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. And if the Kx audio guys like the groveling, then PLEASE try to fix the firmware, grovel grovel grovel....

Thanks guys.

Pentium Q6600 2.4Gh Quad core

ASUS Maximus Mb

4Gb RAM

ATI Radeon 3870 512 Mb GDDR3

EMU 1616 PCI

Just wanted to post my success with this driver. Freshly installed iATKOS v4i dvd on a IP35Pro, 8800GT, Audigy2 with no options customized. Ran the installer and had audio on the next reboot from my Audigy. Been working on the system quite a bit the last day with CS3 and listening to MP3s from my server and internet radio with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks for the great work and everyone's helpful info posted in this thread!