9600 GT cant get it to work!

macdude91

3 posts in this topic

Okay so i'v tried lots of different versions of all these 'hacked' or 'patched' versions of leopard/tiger and they have never worked, so recently i downloaded kalyways 10.5.2 leopard amd and intel torrent and last night i finally got it working (but it was pretty tricky) anyways im really happy with it because i didn't even install network drivers (because it wouldnt boot otherwise) but i still have the internet but the only thing is i have no sound and no support for my graphics card (Nvidia 9600GT) iv seen some topics about my sound drivers and such so i think i may be able to get that sorted but i haven't seen anyone that has yet to make this work on leopard and i was just wondering if anyone can help me out. I also have ATI X800 (think thats it :censored2: that or 1800) but anyhu its really {censored} and i dont want to use it so yes, please help me :unsure:

My specs are:

AMD 64 3500+ 2.4GHZ

1GB RAM

200GIG HD

NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT

Unfortunately, there's no support for the 9600GT yet, since its a different chip from the 8800gt series (G92 vs G94). It doesn't look like there'll be support in 10.5.3 yet, so you may have to use your other graphics card for the time being. I'm back to a 7600gt, which works perfectly with the CI/QE stuff, which is the main thing for me...

Main 9600gt thread is here.

Well gettin the drivers for my other graphics might be a bit tricky because i can't blooomin well remember the excact model number im nearly sure its x800 but is there anyway to check whilst still being on leopard?