OS X 10.4.5 Package Installer

Viscaria

102 posts in this topic

indeed, please test it first before releasing. get candidates with both intel, amd, and other hardware specific motherboard. I have the feeling ppl with P3 will try to install this without knowing what hw is required :hysterical:. keep up the good work. spring break? you should be at Mardi Gras!! need to boost the alcohol economy in LA :whistle:

Update:

I'm making sure to test this thoroughly before releasing. It is turning out to be a bit more (as in bigger, better, has more shiny) than I had originally planned. It will offer the option of installing each of maxxuss's kernel patches (amd, nonx, sse2, etc) on install and autogenerate a kernel using the maxxuss ppfs during the postflight script.

tell us at which part we'd be installing that in order to work?

after installing the 10.4.4 installer dvd? (I"m about to try this tomorrow)

or somehow add it to the 10.4.5 dmg update?

My aim is to make a patch that will allow a fresh 10.4.5, not an update. Once that is finished I might work on an updater to go from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5, but I need to get the full install working first.

so, you're going to create a bootable 10.4.5 disc? one that I could just stick in and install from 10.4.3 straight to 10.4.5?

if so, I"m definetly down for having it and will seed the {censored} out of it!

I've dowloaded and seedd the 10.4.4 but i'm not sure if it will install, so going straight to a known working version of .4.5 would rule!

Cfon, I reference exactly the MYZAR stuff... What you need is the 10.4.4 Install DVD (same demon source) and the MYZAR's >200Mb PPF stuff. Applying the PPF you get an installable full patched 10.4.4 with the option to enable (as last installation step) the 4.5 upgrade. This last step has been left optional to avoid issues with HW not supported by 4.5 (it seems more restrictive than the previous upgrades..).

It works !

Cfon, I reference exactly the MYZAR stuff... What you need is the 10.4.4 Install DVD (same demon source) and the MYZAR's >200Mb PPF stuff. Applying the PPF you get an installable full patched 10.4.4 with the option to enable (as last installation step) the 4.5 upgrade. This last step has been left optional to avoid issues with HW not supported by 4.5 (it seems more restrictive than the previous upgrades..).

It works !

do you know where I could get an ISO maker to rip the 10.4.4 disc i have to get this back off the disc?

this way sounds like the only way I'd ever be able to get passed 10.4.3

Sorry if I am misunderstanding this....

is this a DVD which will install OSX straight to 10.4.5 or is it necessary to already have a previous installation of OSX?

You said it is a patch, but allowing a fresh 10.4.5; ahh maybe I am just confused :S

how does one apply the MYZAR patch to the 10.4.4 install dvd?

I go into the PPFGUI folder, go into the MacOS X folder and run the program from in there, when I add the image file, is fine, when I click to add the patch, it just crashes the patch program.

Please can somebody tell us where to search for this "mhystic" Myzar patch that natively installs 10.4.5?

A lot of people doesn't have a demonoid account...

I'm not asking where it is, but only where to search...

Thank you all very much :angel:

how does one apply the MYZAR patch to the 10.4.4 install dvd?

I go into the PPFGUI folder, go into the MacOS X folder and run the program from in there, when I add the image file, is fine, when I click to add the patch, it just crashes the patch program.

I had the same problem with the ppf patcher.Just double click on the patch itself and it will open the ppf patcher with your patch already selected. Then pick the ISO file to be patched. And click patch. Thats it.

Hope this helps!

thanks, that worked, still haven't installed it yet. I had burned it to a disc and deleted the iso so i had to re-rip it using toast and rename the .cdr to .iso and now its patching and I'll be trying to install it tomorrow morning (I"m currently downloading something else)

Hey Viscaria i was just wondering if u have had any progress on ur dvd. I think what ur doing is great and and will help a lot of people out. It would be great if you can leave a lil update on ur progress.

thanks

when i add the myzar patch, it makes the cd not readable i guess.

it doesn't show up on the desktop when I insert it, and it doesn't want to notice it when I restart. and now I cannot get it to eject. AAHHHH!

any fix to this?

For those asking for the DEMONOID image, it's now leaked at TPB:

This is The iso originally posted on the demons with the latest ppf already applied ready to be burned

Min Requirements

Amd/intel SSE2 Cpu With PAE support,

This iso includes all the bugfixes of the previous ppf + the 10.4.5 update and it will be auto installed during the setup.

The 10.4.5 update can be unselected in the customize installer screen

Keep in mind that 10.4.5 is even more picky about hardware so if you have problems try deselecting it in the customize panel.

10.4.3 ionetworking is included since it seems to be the one working better with a wide range of cards

TPB