Does Vista look prettier than OS X?

snakeeyes

Aero vs Aqua!  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Aero vs Aqua!

• Windows Aeros is prettier.
    • Aqua is prettier.
    • Both are ugly, Kde 4 rules!
    • What are you talking about? I am prettier.

97 posts in this topic

This is my experiment

I took Vista Ultimate and skinned it to be leopard

Windows aero transitions with

The elegantness of Leopard

The Only pull back is Safari(for Win)

Just take a look at these snapshots

Yes it is vista

Still not 100% the same thing but still cool. ;)

I still can't believe Apple patented that animation, I mean its just an animation. Thats the reason compiz fusion magic lamp has to have 3 waves minimum, but there is a cheap hack to make it 0 here:

http://snake1990.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/...p-genie-effect/

Compiz Fusion users, ENJOY! :(

mac looks the best i reckon....... and on a macbook pro's screen it just makes you wanna use it....................................... osx is awesome, i reckon it looks the best

I have a MBP with a 17" matte display, and to be honest it's not that fantastic. It's nice and all, but it has qualities of a cheap panel, such as bad viewing angle problems and obvious dithering. On my Sager laptop, which is basically a generic type laptop, the panel is a 17" glossy. The colors are richer, and viewing from an angle doesn't distort the colors much at all.

OS X looked nicer on the Sager.

Vista looks like one of those pastel Hondas with the big wing on the back, neon underneath, and covered with stickers for parts that aren't actually on the car. Performs about as well, too.

OS X is like a Porsche 911. Nothing fancy, but clean sexy lines and its got it where it counts.

This is my experiment

I took Vista Ultimate and skinned it to be leopard

Windows aero transitions with

The elegantness of Leopard

The Only pull back is Safari(for Win)

Just take a look at these snapshots

Yes it is vista

Its all fantastic except for the menu and icon font which is not very pretty. Change it to Lucida Grande and we are in business :D

So, we're on the topic of making Vista look like OS X? I did this for a while, but once you've got the real thing it gets kind of silly. I have an older picture here - it's ObjectBar + TigerPrefs + PowerDVD + NExplorer Leopard + WB4. Before you say it, yes I know the edges of the menubar are not rounded and it doesn't line up - I fixed that, but never took a screenshot. So, for your enjoyment, I present to you "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

post-202576-1213198500_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think Aqua's perfect, but I just dislike Aero ;)

The 'All programs'-menu and the XP start menu respectively were the only things where Windows beat OS X, and now they artficially limited the space and decreased usability :(

Plus, Aero just seems to be too much of a 'Let's make something equally cool as Aqua'-thing. I already thought so when I heard the name and hadn't seen it yet. I mean, please. Next two themes are 'Fire' and 'Terra'? I was surprised they didn't announce Windows 7 as Windows FELINE. Although, they called Vista Longhorn for quite some time, perhaps they are gonna change the name...

And technically, the Vista orb can be made within minutes. By using some PS tutorial for AQUA Buttons with slight changes. Embarassing.

Nothing beats the cleanness of OS X.

With Aero, Microsoft could have done a great thing, the engine is, compared to older windows versions, a clear leap forward. However the theme could have been more flexible default(a minus OS X has as well).

They made the small mistake Apple made: with the introduction of a new UI engine, they tried to showcase it so much that the interface's usability had to suffer a little bit.

Yes Vista is prettier, especially when you hit a key, the system fades and freezes. It is beautiful man, just beautiful.
:P

I honestly like both. Aero and Aqua look good in their OS's. :)
+1

I prefer Aqua but I'm thankful MS finally made a nice looking gui IMO. As far as usability I find Vista/Aero much improved compared to Xp. I found Xp quite restricting (had to have too many 3rd party apps to do what i wanted) and haven't used it since the Vista betas. I hope to never use it again, just thinking about it makes me ill! Vista can be kinda slow on my machines at times but thats my fault (I'm cheap) and I would still rather put up with that than use Xp. Anyway I use Leopard, several Linux distros and even Tiger over Vista but for the mainstream OS I think MS did a fairly decent job, definitely moving forward, even if it is a bit shaky!

So, we're on the topic of making Vista look like OS X? I did this for a while, but once you've got the real thing it gets kind of silly. I have an older picture here - it's ObjectBar + TigerPrefs + PowerDVD + NExplorer Leopard + WB4. Before you say it, yes I know the edges of the menubar are not rounded and it doesn't line up - I fixed that, but never took a screenshot. So, for your enjoyment, I present to you "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Wow, if you didn't tell me what you did to it, and the menubar problem, I wouldn't have noticed the menubar and would have guessed that's a real Mac. :(

I actually found a site that can transforms Windows into Leopard like that.

http://www.markraats.com/Apple_Emulation_Themes.htm

• 2 weeks later...