Dual Screen Span (extended desktop) - on 7300 Gs or any other adapter

SoundForSoul

7 posts in this topic

Hello !

I wanted to ask if somebody managed to get Nvidia 7300 gs work in dual screen span (extended desktop) mode , and, if so, how this could be done ? .

Well, i got mine working too (device id: 0x01df ), but not with dual screen extended desktop ( only mirror - with the both screens showing the same image, which is useless ( i don't want to see the same thing twice ) - using kalyway 10.5.2, and natit v1.0 , also.

if i use nvinnstaller 4.1, it recognises my hp 1740 monitor(s) , but only the primary works, the secondary shuts down immediatly after leopard is loaded ( one is connected to vga output and other on the dvi2vga adapter - last one is primary).

I am disperate, my only solution is to buy another graphic adapter - what would you recommend for working on span (extended desktop) mode ?

Thank you so much in advance - any help would be greatly appreciated !

PS : when i try to edit my kexts using kext helper b7, i got a message like " we failed to login as root check your password". Is it becouse i set no password for my leo ?

Probably cause everytime I delete or add kexts I have to give my password.

Maby you should try to downgrade to Kaly 10.5.1 or install 10.5.1 on another drive and try with the Nvinject kext and delet Natit like I`m talking about in my PM. Gives you a chance to fix that password thing.

Hello !

I wanted to ask if somebody managed to get Nvidia 7300 gs work in dual screen span (extended desktop) mode , and, if so, how this could be done ? .

Well, i got mine working too (device id: 0x01df ), but not with dual screen extended desktop ( only mirror - with the both screens showing the same image, which is useless ( i don't want to see the same thing twice ) - using kalyway 10.5.2, and natit v1.0 , also.

if i use nvinnstaller 4.1, it recognises my hp 1740 monitor(s) , but only the primary works, the secondary shuts down immediatly after leopard is loaded ( one is connected to vga output and other on the dvi2vga adapter - last one is primary).

I am disperate, my only solution is to buy another graphic adapter - what would you recommend for working on span (extended desktop) mode ?

Thank you so much in advance - any help would be greatly appreciated !

PS : when i try to edit my kexts using kext helper b7, i got a message like " we failed to login as root check your password". Is it becouse i set no password for my leo ?

First thing, mirror is not useless, I can use mirror on presetantions btw.

Second thing, on hackintoshes the most common situation is that mirror wont work.

Dual Displays as it is called could be ahceived by modifying the NVCAP values of either NVinject, Natit or gfx string.

check these threads or use the search function:

[Solution] VGA Output on Geforce 8400M GS ( dual displays)

[Guide]triple or quad monitors with two graphic cards

http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214

If you already have mirror did you try to set "Mirror off"? Or did you try to boot with one Display and when the desktop is shown make "Detect Displays"?

if you wan to instal kext manually or with kext helper you need to use root's abilities, for that you need to have a password, if you don't like to have a password you can set it temporally and then after changes emptied again.

The reason why natit and NVinstaller (more preciselly NVinject) work different is because they have different NVCAP values.

Also there is a natit version for dual displays btw.

Or if his mobo supports dual screen with OSX86 just download the Nvinject kext I´m talking about delete Natit and he´s good to go. I did it have the same card and as I said it also works on an agp Pny 6200 sitting in my old P4 3Ghz also with Mac os on. Mirror is useless when it comes to making music then you´d want the arrange on one monitor and the mixer etc etc on the other.

the mobo has nothing to do, you can have another card that even can't get QE/CI (unsupported) or other than can only get External signal (laptops) or just in connector and not in the other.

There are a lot of different scenearios, even same card on different laptop could bahave very different.

Maby so but how can it be I for some reason managed to pick up two different brands of videocards cards in two separate occasions. I did even now from the start they should work in a hackmac and I did´nt even now I was going to buy the other when I bought the first one. And they for some reason chosed to work on two completely different setups using nothing but this kext and Kalys Leo 10.5.1. One is P4 3 Ghz based on my really old Asus P4 p800 SE not a very common mobo round here that I bought years ago and the other I recently bought a GA P35 DS3R using a q6600 cpu etc etc. This should be just a coincidence well it might be but I don´t think so got to be some other reason, maby Kalys Leo 10.5.2 maby some of the other OSX86 makers Leo´s causing these troubles for some setups but not for all. These guys do one hell of a job helping us out but they can´t fix it all that would be to much to exspect.

So what I´m saying is if you´re using your hacmac for one purpouse only like I am and probably lots of others round here to (in my case to run Logic Pro) then download Kalys Leo 10.5.1 get something like the gear I have in my both hacks. Install it with the right stuff/choices/drivers only. Not a very difficult task actually cause I´m a really newbies newbie and I managed to get it right. So anyone should be able to do that to after a few days here with the right answers not the standard stuff do the homework use the search. I´ve spend way to many hours here just to find out that what I need my hacks to do was really easy when it comes to the install. In my case I wouldn´t dream of spending one second trying to get the useless onboard sound to work what I did need though was info about the right PCI->FW card with TI chipset on to buy and stuff like that.

People get stuck on silly things like not knowing how to set the DVD to master and boot device and to change back when they´re done with the install. To us that have been round computers for a while and maby built one or to this is obvious stuff but not for everyone. I mean moast people are just users and used to turn on the thing grab the mouse start playing games or surfing the internet and that´s it.

Getting OSX86 running on your PC could be as easy as this if you get the right hardware (does´nt have to be fancy stuff just look at my old P4 rig) and download Kalys stuff which is really good and easy to use get the right instructions and your home free.

Don´t get me wrong I don´t mean to be rude not at all but I can´t see the good in having to do the homework if somebody else already know the answer. I not saying that my way 100% sure fixes up fully working dual screens for this guy but there´s a pretty big chance.

OK take care now hope I did´nt {censored} you off I did´nt mean to for a second.

YES !!! I don't know how to thank you enough ; finally, after many, many hours of trying different kexts and rebooting, on my final try before i video record myself and ask somebody to tell me where am I wrong, it worked !!!! I HAVE DUAL SCREEN EXTENDED DESKTOP NOW !! :P My graphic adapter is a Palit Geforce 7300 gs 128 mb, and the second monitor went from the dvi2vga adapter into a monitor splitter. What i did was to enable a password first( it wasn't set before) , as kext helper dindn't gave me the permission to run the script until I typed a password. After that, i installed the nvinstaller v41 , and , after repairing the permissions, i copied this nvinject kext (http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214) and replaced the content of its plists with the 7300 gs that someone provided somewhere on thie forum ( i really tried to find them again, but with no luck .. I'll try again later, or, if someone needs them just PM me, i will be able to send them at any moment - actually , i uploaded it again here ), after that, i removed the kextcache using the proper commands in kexthekper- kext permission , i hit run, i typed them again, reinserted passord and clicked " easy install " , just to be shure, and after that i rebooted, and after the start-up screen with loading little circle, the second monitor didn't shut down itself, and i've heard angels singing around and sent all of you guys the absolutely best wishes possible !! Now i can fully enjoy Logic for creating beautiful tunes that i hope to get to your ears somehow :)Cheers !I will be back with details, as few days ago i didn't knew what a kext is, and i felt that you all speak in another language , and i guess that many others are in the same position , and i hope that i could help them somehow ! Cheers !YES !!! I don't know how to thank you enough ; finally, after many, many hours of trying different kexts and rebooting, on my final try before i video record myself and ask somebody to tell me where am I wrong, it worked !!!! I HAVE DUAL SCREEN EXTENDED DESKTOP NOW !! My graphic adapter is a Palit Geforce 7300 gs 128 mb, and the second monitor went from the dvi2vga adapter into a monitor splitter. What i did was to enable a password first( it wasn't set before) , as kext helper dindn't gave me the permission to run the script until I typed a password. After that, i installed the nvinstaller v41 , and , after repairing the permissions, i copied this nvinject kext (http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214) and replaced the content of its plists with the 7300 gs that someone provided somewhere on thie forum ( i really tried to find them again, but with no luck .. I'll try again later, or, if someone needs them just PM me, i will be able to send them at any moment - actually , i uploaded it again here ), after that, i removed the kextcache using the proper commands in kexthekper- kext permission , i hit run, i typed them again, reinserted passord and clicked " easy install " , just to be shure, and after that i rebooted, and after the start-up screen with loading little circle, the second monitor didn't shut down itself, and i've heard angels singing around and sent all of you guys the absolutely best wishes possible !! Now i can fully enjoy Logic for creating beautiful tunes that i hope to get to your ears somehow :)Cheers !I will be back with details, as few days ago i didn't knew what a kext is, and i felt that you all speak in another language , and i guess that many others are in the same position , and i hope that i could help them somehow ! Cheers !

plists.zip