GeForce 9800GTX Driver Installer

~pcwiz

66 posts in this topic

At last!!! After 1 day and a half of try and fail tests, finally it works :hysterical: (Fully recognized + Q/E Enabled)

I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 ISO and there are thingies that maybe result useful:

- Download and install the Leopard Graphics Update (just to be sure)

- Delete any nvidia and related kexts.

- Use the installer (i was installing the kexts with kexthelper and finally realize that 1 or more kexts were not installed succesfully)

- Do the GFX Strings procedure (try to not change the card's name)

- Search and delete any trace of NVInject and Natit (leave the nvidia kexts alone)

- Repair permissions, rebuild cache, reboot and cross your fingers.

Good Luck!

PD\ Nice job pcwiz!

did everything exactly as you said and it worked lol

perfectly after a week of trial and error

thanks aqua mac, pc wiz and estufu

• 1 month later...
will this drivers work with 9800 gtx+ ????

I'm having issues on my 9800 GTX+ as well. I can't seem to get it to work and games keep complaining about aglChoosePixelFormat or something. Ugh this is all so frustrating. There are too many variables here. Can somebody help me diagnose my issue? I'd love just 5 mins of 1 on 1.

Cheers

volte

• 4 weeks later...

Hello aquamac,

I managed to install osx86 using kalyway 10.5.2, then the combo update and then update from apple to 10.5.4.

now i'm using NVinstaller v.52 from weaksauce tutorial files coz my mobo is the same as his.

when i install it, reboot. everything is good. this is what it says in my apple system profiler.

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0612

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

VX715:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

now as u can see my Ram was correct at 512 mb, i got all QE/QR supported.

but... my chipset model says: Graphics by Nvidia.

while most of the pictures i see by ur post or others says Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX DDL

. ok then i download Open GL extension viewer just to see the test..

everything is good and fast, (i compared to a few people who posted their results.)

but the renderer is using 8600GTS..

now i don't understand.. if it's just cosmetics, as long as the hardware is performing at the tech spec of 9800GTX. that's fine.

but if my hardware is 'underclock' to perform like a 8600GTS.. now that i'm worried.

any ideas ?

thank you.

NOTE: This is currently a not tested beta project which is why I need beta testers. Please make sure you have a backup of your data, and to be safe do not use it on your primary install

What I basically need is beta testers that own 9800GTX cards and are willing to install Leopard OSx86 to test out this installer. This installer is based on aqua-mac's procedure for getting the 9800GTX card working on OSx86 here. This installer basically automates the entire process, run the installer, reboot and your 9800GTX should be fully working. It uses aqua-mac's original set of replacements kexts and modified NVinject for 9800GTX. I cannot test this installer myself, as I do not have a 9800GTX to test it with, which is why I am asking that others who do have the card test it so I can finalize it and make a stable release. I have made everything as safe as possible, all the permissions have been set right, and backups are automatically made in case something goes wrong.

Download the installer ZIP (21.3MB) here. All I ask that if you test it, whether you are successful or not, please post here saying what worked/what didn't/any improvements that could have been made. If enough people chime in, then this will be finalized so it can be used without worry!

Thanks!

Can you please do something for getting Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT 512 MB to work? Many people including me in this forum and across are waiting for it to work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Currently, I am using my MSI N9800GTX+ with the EFI string display of 8800 GTS (G92) :D . I have followed the Retail Installation of LTL, and I put EFI string with EFI STUDIO inside the extra folder. But sometimes, I have random crash with Leo :( . I just have solved 2 of 3 probable reasons but there is still Graphic Card. By the way, I don't know if my graphic card is the matter, because I solve 2 of 3 reasons of random crash this night . I haven't check if I still have random crash because EFI string display of 8800 GTS (G92) works perfectly.

So, I wondering if someone has String for 9800GTX+ different of 8800 GTS (G92)? I gonna also try 3 aquacmac string...

• 1 month later...
How about 9800GT ? From now i can't find any solution to make it work yet. Can anyone help me ? ;)

Dunno if this will help, but I fixed mine quit awhile ago with some tips from some folks in #osx86

My problem was that I still had the EFI strings and NVInject.kext installed which are different solutions to the same problem the drivers address. Go with the drivers because they are way better, they will give you full support straight up. I recommend just renaming NVInject.kext to NVInject.kext.old or something to keep it around, I don't like deleting or replacing stock kexts. I try and keep my system as clean as possible. Anyway, turns out my problem was I had both EFI, NVInject and the drivers installed, but the system never got to the drivers because it was still stopping on the EFI strings and the NVInject, so remove those and move the kext.

I take no responsibility for your problems if you choose to take my advice :wacko:

Good luck.

P.S. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132089 has the drivers I'm referring too. They are the official OS X drivers apple uses for its macs that have the 9000 series cards. All you people with 9xxx cards should be using that.

• 5 months later...

So I installed these drivers and restarted the system and now my system will not boot into Mac OS X. It just hangs on the Apple spooler. I cannot get into my system. Any ideas?

I am not using NVInject and repaired permission before restarting.

NOTE: This is currently a not tested beta project which is why I need beta testers. Please make sure you have a backup of your data, and to be safe do not use it on your primary install

What I basically need is beta testers,,,,,,,,,

Worked like a champ with XFX 9800 GTX+ except QE/CI

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX DDL:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX DDL

Slot: PCIE X16 SLOT

ROM Revision: 0x00981

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Hanns.G Hi221:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 61 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

With NVKUSH is get QE/CI but with "can I this model?" LOL and 256 vram.

EFI Strings are not working for me, I tried OSXTOOLS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Does this work for a 9800 GTX in Snow Leopard?

I swear I used it last time before my HD broke, but I can't remember now. It just comes up with failed when I try =S

Sorry I dont mean to revive an old post but honestly it seems that aqua mac is the only person on the web to give decent answers concerning the 9800 GTX /GTX+ vide card and hackintosh setups.

I used the Iatkos s3 v2 setup for Snow Leopard 10.6.4, and I have the GA EP45-UD3P, with a 9800 GTX+ , which system profiler recognizes just fine, and it says I have 512mb of VRAM, however FCP and a few other apps do not run because I do not have Quartz Extreme running. Even expose runs choppy.

Aqua, can you please guide me on how to enable QE or how to update the "drivers" for my card. I really appreciate your help, thanks!

Chipset Model: GeForce 9800 GTX

Type: GPU

PCIe Lane Width: x16

ROM Revision: Silent Natit x86_64 v1.0.2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 960 @ 60 Hz