Marvell Yukon 88E8039/Intel 3945 Wireless

EricLX

32 posts in this topic

Still not working? Here is my .kext. Put it in IONetworkingFamily.kext insidethe Plugins folder. Chown, chmod it and load it. See if it works.

AppleYukon.kext.zip

This worked great...only prob now is after a reboot I have to pull up the terminal and sudo -s and cd to that directory and kextload that file each time. Is there way to not have to do that..or maybe a startup script that can do it?

--Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is for the ethernet driver, not the wireless.

For everyone else, make sure that you load the right driver and hit apply in the System Preferences Networking panel (otherwise the OS will forget that interface). If you can't hit apply, change something, change it back, then hit apply.

Hey Memorial, I have the same problem as a couple of others I just read - fix works great after terminal code, I'm surfing the net on Firefox, but everytime I start up my computer again, no ethernet detected until I do the whole Terminal kextload again. Ie. I have to do it everytime I boot my computer if I want to go on the Net. Any way around this? Startup script? I tried getting rid of Extensions.mkext but it didn't make any difference.

Help? Cheers

UPDATE: Got it!! All of you who have followed Memorial's tutorial, got it working, but then had to enter the code into Terminal everytime you boot to get back online... here's what I did and now it's working all the time: I just installed Kexthelper, dragged and dropped the AppleYukon.kext into it, typed in my password and clicked "Install" and that neat little utility did it's thang. I was instantly back online, but just to make sure I repaired permissions with Disk Utility, rebooted and was still online. And again.... Thanks Memorial, I owe the most of this to you, man. Being stuck offline just wasn't as fun...

• 5 months later...