[Guide] Triple or quad monitors with two graphic cards

peach-os

203 posts in this topic

My experience is only with two of the same videocards and using a NVinject I modified the NV cap on to suite my specific cards. It worked very good on my old GA EP45-DS3 mobo with the Q6600 cpu but with the new Asus P6T SE and the 930 cpu I´m stuck can only use one card. I´m pretty sure I get somekind of missmatch regarding which of the ports (VGA or DVI) loads as primary cause the displays goes black. But it looks like the os actually is "live" and fired up completely.

The problem is in my opinion is that it´s hard to find info about using two video cards with these new i7 mobos. Some guides say it works if you have this or that video card and it´s hard to understand if they added them to the DSDT.aml you download for that specific guide, and if it is that in itself might make it problematic. The threads can be some 50 + pages and just finding the one you wanna try out take time so sooner or later you just start go through them real quick or you get crazy and bleeding eyes hehe.

Anyway I don´t mean to be ungreatfull to all the good guys making all this happening for us noobs cause with that DSDT.aml stuff I´m totally lost and just don´t have the time to dig in to it to the level where I can make my own.

With the guide I´m on now with the latest (probably best) DSDT.aml (by ifabio) for the Asus P6T SE and the 930 cpu as soon as I replace with a later (probably intended to be better) fakesmc.kext (modified by some Smith guy I think) I loose onboard sound hehe so it´s confusing for sure.

Oh well I´ll might settle with one card but this is going to be my broadcasting computer for my justin.tv channel so it would have been great with at least three displays. It´s really cool to broadcast live I can even broadcast from Logic (plugins and all) live just plug in the guitar and play away right out to the internet. And if I want to even play acoustic setting up Logic for four mics, one for the acoustic git, one for vox and two double sided (8 figured) to pick up the room. Sound is the same in the viewers end as I have myself, really cool time moves on for sure. Imagine what live web tv could do for rockbands/artists giving them a chance to broadcast their gigs live on the internet with good sound and video.

See Post#1029 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...24&st=1020# 'may' help you with dual nVidea's on P6T-SE (Sorry direct link kept coming up error ??)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...