X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

i get a strange effect...

if i move a window with this driver, at my high res (1680x1050), if i move a window, or scroll .. the window goes all wacko, until i hit F9-F12, then it works until i close and open the app again ....

x700

I have found on this foryum that if you apply 1280x960x32 rezolution at boot you get a 1185x864@75 hz. I have try that at home and .... it is working . I finnaly have a 75 hz rezolution ... a little low for my 19 CRT monitor but it is wokin.. no more eyes burning ! Hope this it is helping

My X800GTO, with id 0x5d57, which is R423 PCIe, does not work :)

Screen locks up while the spinning thingy indicates that MacOS is loading.

a bit disappointed to see my hardware not working!! (cry)

My Ati x700 Mobility PCIe 128 Mb. (0x5653) no work. My monitor freeze.

Help me please, my osx86 is 10.4.3.

5653 is working fine here. If patch doesn't work hexedit the kext, read about it in older posts in this thread.

No luck for me :whistle:

I have a X700 (5E4F), but i patched it with version 0.2 of the patcher and by hand.

After using the patcher the system showed hung and showed a screen telling me to reboot the system.

After changing the ATIRadeon9700 file in the directory /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS by hand the system did startup. But after the startup screen the screen changed in a colory screen with only a mouse pointer.

So my question is whether anyone has managed to get a X700 (pci-express) with device ID 5E4F working.

I am running 10.4.4 at the moment and also used the 10.4.4 driver.

Help me please, my Ati x700 PCIe (5653) no working on my Laptop, only white screen with Apple logo and mouse point. Help me please.

Sorry my English, i from Spain.

Jovicom, tienes que editar el driver con un editor hexadecimal. Lee cómo lo hice yo unas páginas mas atrás (también tenía tu mismo problema).

He hecho exactamente lo mismo que dices y ahora me da el error de que debo reiniciar o apagar el sistema, ya ni inicia el osx. No se que hacer, ayúdame por favor.

EDIT. Si arranco con -s veo que me pone VGA: vram [d0000000:08000000]

No se si tiene algo que ver.

He hecho paso a paso todo lo que puso un tio en este foro, todo lo de editar con el editor hexadecimal, lo del kextcache, etc, etc..

Y ya no me sale la pantalla con el ogo de Apple y el cursor del ratón, ahora me aparece una pantalla de error que dice que apague o reinicie, en inglés, francés, japonés, etc.

Jovicom, tienes que editar el driver con un editor hexadecimal. Lee cómo lo hice yo unas páginas mas atrás (también tenía tu mismo problema).

Jovicom deberias de editar el controlador con un editor hexidecimal, Lee como lo hicieron en las paginas anteriores.

Sorry had to retype that , I hate to see bad spanish.

Well my 7800gtx is back in....

Without the resolution being able to changed from 1024x768 it doesn't make a difference to me have QE or CI for web and mucking about

Handier to have the nvidia card in for XP work too

ok, i know this is at the end of many successful users that have modified kexts to activate QE & CI on their ati cards, but for the LIFE of me, ive been unsuccessful.

my stats:

ATI fireGL 5100 (device ID 5551)

10.4.5 native

3Ghz pentiumD

ive tried to hex edit the atiradeon9700.kext, the info.plist, and manually then edited the bootlist to fix my resolution. ive read countless threads on here and am at wits end... after modifying the appropriate files, kextcached and kextloaded, fixed disk permissions and rebooted, still i get a normal boot minus any changes.. still no QE and CI.

if any kind souls feels like pointing me in the right direction or even uploading a correctly modified .kext to rapidshare or the like for my device ID, ANY help is appreciated!

TIA!

it's not working for me but is for others...info

ibm T43 x300

dev 5460

ven 1002

sub id 056E

sub ven 1014

i've tried ./patch9700.sh both 54 60 and 05 6E

and then info.plist both the above (5460 & 056E)

what's amazing is that when i actually do it with the 056E i can get into aqua...otherwise bad things happen and i gotta -s and correct.

what could be the prob?

When the koverg patch runs should the FOUND status return something?

if i use 54 60 it might say found 2 (instances)

with the 056E it says found 0

do i need a clean kext?

please feel free to PM