X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

I have tried the hexediting for the apple HDA kext and found nothing. I have your same audio card, I only get sound through the speakers of my asus A6Va laptop. We need to fix this, I will try other things.

BTW, 1280x800 is the native resolution in my monitor, but it still defaults to 1024x768 streched resolution. How did you get it working?

Really interested too in that. :)

In com.apple.boot.plist i put the "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32 1280x1024x32" line

I didn't do anything special other leave out the refresh rate part (@85), even though i think it's vesa3.0?

try this - at darwin boot prompt type

?video

to get a list of supported modes.

In com.apple.boot.plist i put the "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" line

(typing from memory as I'm not near the macpc at the moment)

I didn't do anything special other leave out the refresh rate part (@85), even though it says it's vesa3.0?

try this - at darwin boot prompt type

?video

to get a list of supported modes.

Well, I did that on my old osx install (without the patch I might add) and it would be just 1024x768 stretched. So I guess I'm a bit sceptical about this. (sorry).

Only way I could think of checking this would be that you made a screenshot and NOT resize it. The dimensions of the screenshot should be the real resolution.

It would be a nice proof of case for you too. :)

Wat version are you using? 10.4.3?

(the reason for my sceptism is that almost nobody was/is able to run 1280x800, so if this is true, you just made a major breakthrough).

Hey guys

I think I messed up my ATIRadeon9700.kext file.

I know it was stupid not to backup the original, can someone post me the kext from a 10.4.4 or 10.4.5 installation or email it to chrishelms@gmx.net

thanx in advance

cheers,

chris

thx autoy

worked fine with pacifist

now reporting success with an x300 in an inspiron6000 (id 5460)

QE and CI woks great!

just needed the fresh unpatched kext again

chris what resolution can you get and what is the native resolution of your lcd panel?

thanks

Hi Hackintosh people!

I've installed the 10.4.3 in my P4, with a P4P800 Motherboard, 1g RAM. The overall system is working just fine. The sound is great and the onboard network adapter is fine too. But my graphics is kaput....

I have a Radeon 9200 SE, from Gamecube. The system recognizes it as a VGA Compatible, and the ColorSycnh (from Apple) can't manage the gamma settings. There is no DVD playback at all.

I read this topic, but I'm a photographer and can't understand this language of kext, plist....

Could you help me to put my radeon on the run?

I tried hooking up to my LCD desktop panel which has native resolution of 1280x1024, still only get 1024x768

(My laptop has 1440x900 native)

I edited the com.applebootlist file correctly

I am booting using acronis bootmanager which takes me to the darwin bootloader

It says Vesa 2.0 ATI X300 Mobility 127mb, M24(?)

Initially I thought it was the screen as dictating the resolution as other dell 9300 users or dell 6000 users with a higher resolution native screen can get higher resolutions in tiger

But the external monitor has not changed anything, unless tiger still thinks its seeing the laptop LCD

How do you boot 10.4.5 if you get a higher resolution, why does it say Vesa 2 when it has this ATI workaround

Could do with some help here, I'm stumped

thanks

Pion, i have upgraded to 10.4.5, now your x850xt kext no longer gives me a restart in 4 langs, instead it just freezes on the sping wheel, have a mouse though :( it crashes after it says ethernet adress 4a7d.... ect. any sugestions, what verson of the kext did u use, ie .3,.4,.5? im the only person whom is not working.

thanks,

Jccool

Pion, i have upgraded to 10.4.5, now your x850xt kext no longer gives me a restart in 4 langs, instead it just freezes on the sping wheel, have a mouse though :( it crashes after it says ethernet adress 4a7d.... ect. any sugestions, what verson of the kext did u use, ie .3,.4,.5? im the only person whom is not working.

thanks,

Jccool

the kext is 10.4.4

did not u read my info?

"instead it just freezes on the sping wheel"

if u get this try reboot again. if freeze again then reboot again till it boot. after it boot everything will work.

(eg CI & QE)

sometime it takes 2 reboot and sometime it take 6. anyway try it.

Woohoo!

Radeon X800GT 256mb PCI-e card working fine :):(

This is under Mac OS X 10.4.5 on an AMD Athlon 64 3000

I have mouse corruption as previously reported - whats the fix for this, if any??

Mark

The patcher worked for me on 10.4.5 myzar installed system for my AGP X700 Pro 256 MB. However the card is still detected as PCI. I used to have this dectected as AGP back on 10.4.3.

Does any one know where I can find the AppleI386PCI.kext? I've looked all over and can't find it. The version in the darwin 8.01 iso is too old and doesn't load.

Display:

Type:	VGA-Compatible Controller
 Bus:	PCI
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x5e4d
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Supported