Still waiting for root device.

pet1

6 posts in this topic

I just upgraded from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5. The install went smoothly. But when I try to boot into os x 10.4.5 I get "waiting for root device". Confused as to what it can be. Hardware is to devkit specs. I have been using the pata ide for the system drive rather than sata. I installed on there first and just left it. It's been working ever since with no problems. At this point I'm thinking I need to reinstall 10.4.4. Does this have anything to do with kexts missing? Does this version not support the ide I've been using? Please, your help is greatly appreciate.

No I didn't. I got to to work simply by reinstalling 10.4.3. And installed 10.4.5. Rather than applying 10.4.3a patch and install 10.4.4 and then 10.4.5. How would I be able to do it with your method anyway. Thanx for the reply.

OS X 10.4.3 worked, but I installed windows vista and now I get tis message "still waiting for root device" when I try to boot OS X (in verbose mode), if I try to boot normally, after oine minute, a forbidden logo apeats on the apple logo.

Any idea? Vista also changed the dual boot menu.