WMP54G V4 RALINK not working

webguy0822

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm running Leo4allV3 on a Dell XPS 420 and everything's working, except internet. My ethernet isnt supported, so I installed a Linksys WMP54G V4.0 that I had lying around. I installed the latest drivers from ralink. Everything installs, I reboot, but the card isnt picked up in System Prefs..

When I try to manually load the kext I get "does not contain code for this architecture". Ideas??

If anybody got this working, please let me know exactly what you did..

Thanks

Only other thing is to email their Tech Support (FAE@ralinktech.com.tw, FAE@ralinktech.com) and request drivers for RT61 chipset for the Mac OSX not mentioning that its running on a PC, of course.

In my experience emailing anyone in Taiwan about anything never reults in a reply. You can try, but I wouldn't bank on getting a response.

I have the same card and tried the new drivers --> http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

They didn't work. Only other thing is to email their Tech Support (FAE@ralinktech.com.tw, FAE@ralinktech.com) and request drivers for RT61 chipset for the Mac OSX not mentioning that its running on a PC, of course.

I doubt they believe is not for a hakcintosh since no real Intel Macs has PCI slots, the Mac Pro has PCI-E slots btw.

The only Mac that had PCI slots was the DTK (Developers Transition Kit) and those do not exist anymore since they were lent, not bougth.

Are you sure the v4 is RT61? I just read the wiki and it says RT2500

LOOK HERE

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.2#Wireless

Thanks for the replies

maybe it is a 4.1

use DPCI manager to see its DeviceID:

Picture_1.png

I just checked with DPCI Manager and mine does say:

1814:0301 Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI

So I guess I need a new NIC as well.

What I would like is a Gigabit NIC card that would work out of the box, anyone know of one?