Trouble with Nvidia 7800GT (choppy video)

jeepster25

6 posts in this topic

I have tried almost every package on this site, Natit, NVinject, to just replacing the kext files. I've edited them with my device ID and done all the repairing of perimissions. The card is now detected, all the resolutions show up, and it says hardware enabled for everything it should. Yet my video is choppy everytime I try any of the different solutions. Can someone give me a little insight on this problem. Thanks.

Guest Snowski

Hi m8,

First, goto your signature settings by clicking my controls.

Add your system spec there so we at least know if you have an AMD or Intel system and the OS you are running.

Do not use Zephs Universal Installer if you have an Intel system because it will patch your frameworks and put a patcher cpuid.txt file in your dir.

GFX string does work for AMD and Intel (tried both) so only use that and remove Natit, Titan or NVinject if they are there.

Clear cache, repair permissions, reboot with -f (just in case)

Good luck and use that signature, welcome aboard bud :P

Ok updated some info. I've put the DevID in the <string></string> within all the stock kexts. By the way I'm attempting to run Kalyway 10.5.2. I've tried adding the DevID before and after installing Natit and NVinject. Right now I have it recognizing my card and it says QE enabled and Hardware Accelerated, yet my video is so choppy.

Guest Snowski

Hi m8,

First, you don't even have to touch the stock kexts (NV40, Geforce, etc...)

Second, when you use the dev-id in boot.plist you have to remove the NVinject, Titan or Natit kext if it is there.

Check my m8's thread for creating a GFX string and paste the string into com.apple.Boot.plist and not anywhere else :)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=91755

So again, String goes into com.apple.Bootplist and then remove NVinject, Natit or Titan

Good luck and post back with result.