Nvinject problems with 8800GT 512meg

bolero

9 posts in this topic

hey guys, so iv done some research on the forums. Im trying to get my Geforce 8800GT 512meg to work well, so i can have higher resolution, QE.. etc.

Now iv installed Nvinject 0.2.1 with the Nvinstaller posted in a sticky up above, its currently in 3.0 beta.

Iv tried editing the Info.plist files within the NVinject.kext to match my device ID (which is 0x0611)

I'v even tried adding in below NVCAP the VRAM,total size key/data pairs.

However everytime i reboot, i see Nvinject loading and then nothing. I get an error about Display: Specific family matching error and i dont see the GUI from there.

I booted into single user mode, removed my changes so i could get into the GUI.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this card with working with QE ?

hey guys, so iv done some research on the forums. Im trying to get my Geforce 8800GT 512meg to work well, so i can have higher resolution, QE.. etc.

Now iv installed Nvinject 0.2.1 with the Nvinstaller posted in a sticky up above, its currently in 3.0 beta.

Iv tried editing the Info.plist files within the NVinject.kext to match my device ID (which is 0x0611)

I'v even tried adding in below NVCAP the VRAM,total size key/data pairs.

However everytime i reboot, i see Nvinject loading and then nothing. I get an error about Display: Specific family matching error and i dont see the GUI from there.

I booted into single user mode, removed my changes so i could get into the GUI.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this card with working with QE ?

I have the same problem dude!! It's like a nightmare!! Our friend KevinMitnick is helping me out troubleshooting. Mine is an asus, what brand is yours?

I can load in safe mode now at full resolution

(f8 at boot. type: -v -legacy -x)

will keep you updated.

Mines an EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512meg Its also the G92 chip. I just dunno how to get this going with these NVinjectors. It seems everyone else can just install them and it works, but iv tried editing files, and nothing.

I also have a 750i nForce board, so im not sure if that is also contributing to the problem.

So are you using those boot options with the injectors installed, or not?

let me know!

thanks

Mines an EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512meg Its also the G92 chip. I just dunno how to get this going with these NVinjectors. It seems everyone else can just install them and it works, but iv tried editing files, and nothing.

I also have a 750i nForce board, so im not sure if that is also contributing to the problem.

So are you using those boot options with the injectors installed, or not?

let me know!

thanks

Yes. I can normal boot without NVinject installed. After i install nv injects sometimes it boots once, sometimes 3 times... It's like my video card has it's own personality ;) After only getting a black screen after the apple boot logo, i restart and log in safe mode. Then I log into my "safe mode" desktop at high resolution. I can surf the net, but audio and few more things don't work.

I have already installed other 3 NVinject releases, selected different options on the NVinject installer (128mb, 256mb and 512mb, as seen around the forum) but after few ok boots it stops booting ok.

if you have an nforce chipset on your motherboard, you might have to go into the geforce kexts and remove all the device IDs and just put the one from your video card in it.

I have attempted this, using the Apple Plist editor that comes with Xcode dev tools. Removing the Device ID's and only replacing them with my own. IN Geforce,NVinject,NVDARAS and NVDANV50 kext files.

Results the same error for me. Nvinject reporting *display: family mis match error* as well as

NVDA:: Display

NVDA:: start display (failed)

Iv tried various things that i have found over the message boards, but i just cannot get NVinject to work.

mightas well bump this. I tried posting in the nvinject forums, sadly no reply after a few weeks. Im curious as to why i cannot get this Geforce 8800GT G92 to work with nvinject or anything else, which is featured in official macs, yet people can get non featured cards to work.

here is some logs from the nvinject. Keeps saing NVDA::Display fails.

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: pci-bridge: family specific matching fails

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: pci10de,3ac: family specific matching fails

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: pci10de,3a3: family specific matching fails

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: pci10de,3a3: family specific matching fails

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Probing.May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting rom-revision=NVinject 0.1.3

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @0,device_type=display

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting NVCAP=May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting name=display

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting VRAM,totalsize=

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @1,device_type=display

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting model=NVIDIA GPU

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Probing.

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting rom-revision=NVinject 0.1.3

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @0,device_type=display

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting NVCAP=

May 11 13:27:17 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NV

MacMay 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting name=display

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting VRAM,totalsize=

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting @1,device_type=display

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVinject: Setting model=NVIDIA GPU

May 11 13:27:18 localhost kernel[0]: NVDA:: Display failed