Making Leopard's Aurora Wallpaper Move!

Balto

33 posts in this topic

Aww... What a thread! Argh... You people are mean! :(

You know vista really does have moving wallpaper. It uses WMV files to do it though. I'm actually surprised OSX does not having something like that though. Be cool if it did.

That's what I've stated in my first post here.

Aww... What a thread! Argh... You people are mean! :)

Aww Balto were just having fun with you. Its all good. Now that you edited the first post it will look like everyone else is smoking. HAHAH.. looks like you got us all.

Aww Balto were just having fun with you. Its all good. Now that you edited the first post it will look like everyone else is smoking. HAHAH.. looks like you got us all.

THANKS! :)

Hi Adamsweeting! Thanks for the recommendation! :wacko:

When you said Dreamscene type desktop, I thought you could use any video file as your desktop background. Unfortunately, WallSaver is just the same as Quartz Desktop. They both make use of screen savers. This might give others an alternative though. WallSaver is also a freeware! Here's the link.

Wow, playing around with your already opened windows? That's interactive! Thanks for sharing! :blink:

Guys

I can vouch for Balto's find. The screen rendering is brilliant

You need to install Quartz Desktop and run it as per Balto's first post. It runs OSX RSS Feed by default. Full animation on the background. It also puts a "Q" icon on menu bar. Now download Aurora(Leopard).qtz, click on Q icon and open Aurora(Leopard).qtz

The Desktop is in full Animated Glory including Nebula Flares etc. I can even post the video of it in action if you want proof.

Guys

I can vouch for Balto's find. The screen rendering is brilliant

You need to install Quartz Desktop and run it as per Balto's first post. It runs OSX RSS Feed by default. Full animation on the background. It also puts a "Q" icon on menu bar. Now download Aurora(Leopard).qtz, click on Q icon and open Aurora(Leopard).qtz

The Desktop is in full Animated Glory including Nebula Flares etc. I can even post the video of it in action if you want proof.

Ajal Gujal, that's very kind of you indeed! :wacko: But it's my mistake. :wacko: Or rather, me being initially tricked into thinking that the original Aurora wallpaper that came with Leopard was shimmering. Please finish reading my original first post.