AD1988b_rev3_Installer.zip (761.06 Kb)

Taruga

35 posts in this topic

OK i just use Installer rev.3 for AD1988b and i got sound icon and mic looks like is receiving something but no sound on speakers at all.

what kext should be used with this installer ?

any specific versions or original from retail ?

please help or upload packed kext used to get it working with this solution

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i need it ,pls tell me how to get it.thanks!

You can get Taruga 1988b Rev.3 installer here.....

I´ve got this working on a Rampage Formula, but something seems a bit strange about the sound. It sounds like there´s some kind of effect applied, like a reverb.

Anybody else see this with Taruga´s driver ?

Also, is Taruga around / active ? Seems the domain is expired etc.

Are there any other drivers that work for stereo output for this chip ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i get absolutely no results from anything i've tried. be it taruga's (both rev3 and 4) azalia, among other solutions i've seen on this board. there's a blank space where i assume the volume control should be on the status bar at the top. but it's always been a blank space. nothing i've tried has generated any kind of response in the system prefs or anywhere. i see no change after running these scripts or adding kexts! i want to try editing appleHDA.kext with the right pin configuration but i can't run windows to get the registry entry that contains that information. can someone help plz???

I'm having an issue with this, I cant seem to get my mic or 5.1 to work. all I get is 2 channel stereo.... anyone have success on this? I've tried both versions 3 and 4