AD1988b_rev3_Installer.zip (761.06 Kb)

Taruga

35 posts in this topic

Same as before ;)

Audio icon appears (with Azalia kext only) then disappears after a reboot. Then reappears after 10 reboots, then disappears again after a reboot.

With this patcher its just dead = No audio device output in System Preferences

Any ideas guys?...

X TARUGA!!!! I can not dowloading!!!!

I registered to http://wiki.taruga.net but I didn't receive any message to my email to confirm my account.

If at login, I try to do FORGET YOUR PASSWORD

and type my username: "Astaga" a message like this appears:

You must validate your account first. An email has been sent to you

But no mail received at my email astagastaga@yahoo.com

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

Astaga

Taruga, you're the man!

My system now functions with 2 channel stereo and adjustable sound volume. I really appreciate your efforts.

My system seemed to be almost too new for all the posts about how to enable SoundMAX audio from a SoundFX II small PCI Express card that came with the mobo. I knew my VEN and DEV ids were 11D4 and 198B, but nothing seemed to quite fit. I also found that my device uses the Analog Devices AD1988B 8 channel HDA Codec.

Really happy now.

Regards,

Albeaux

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, does anyone have the rev4 installer, I tried rev3 with my m2n32-sli deluxe to try to get spdif out working, unfortunately it just produces a horrible high-pitched whine. I'm hoping that maybe the rev4 version might work.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dok

EDIT: seems as though the nasty sound was caused by my onboard wifi kicking in. I no longer need the wifi as I have got fully working onboard LAN now. However, I get no volume options using SPDIF!! is this normal??

EDIT: seems as though the nasty sound was caused by my onboard wifi kicking in. I no longer need the wifi as I have got fully working onboard LAN now. However, I get no volume options using SPDIF!! is this normal??

Yes that's normal..

• 1 month later...

I installed this patch and have no joy. System profiler now sees I have onboard audio, system preferences sees I have line out, line in etc, but I don't hear anything - it's all mute. Is it because I installed the Azalia audio kext before I tried using this? I was getting basic audio through the Azalia audio kexts.

I'm using an Asus Commando with SupremeFX Audio

Any help appreciated

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone actually got the 5.1 audio working from the ports on the back of the mobo, not the SPDIF but the regular jacks? I got a Logitech 5.1 speaker system but its going to waste on Leopard, having to switch to windows all the time to watch my movies =/ *wine*