Nvidia 8800 antialiasing

trellz

3 posts in this topic

Forgive me, but I am mostly a windoze user, I have just recently gotten Leopard running on my IP35, with an 8800 and I notice that there doesn't seem to be any support for anti-aliasing. Is there some way to force anti-aliasing on to a certain level ie, 2x 4x 8x etc. Or does the driver just not support this feature?

• 4 months later...

So basically what you mean is that in OSX, the applications control those options themselves? I am a windows->leopard convert myself, and I'm still learning the ins and outs of things in this OS.

Usually in Windows, the driver is accompanied with a Control Panel or something similar. Options for controlling whether the driver will control the settings, or the application will control the options itself.

I do not see this level of configurability in OSX's Preferences. I would assume that in Leopard, all games will be controlling these settings on their own.

In some games I find, that Anti-Aliasing settings cause graphical anomalies. For example, in Civilization 4 for Mac, when I turn on Anti-Aliasing, all the character models are transparent (do not render). I can see a small line moving where they are.

In some games I've noticed the option is simply not there at all.

I have a GeForce 8800GT 512MB card on a Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz processor. It should be fairly fast+good graphics.

The cider game SPORE works quite well, and the graphics are quite fast. But no options to turn on Anti-Aliasing or Anisotropic Filtering.