HP Pavillion dv6000 + Kalyway 10.5.2

deejayt

22 posts in this topic

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP Pavillion dv6000.

7604.jpg

Specifications:

Processor 1.67 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5450

Memory 2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB)

Video Graphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 rpm)

DVD drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Network Card Realtek Ethernet 10/100 integrated network interface

Wireless Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Integrated Wireless LAN

Sound Realtek HDAUDIO ALC268

Expansion slot One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)- webcam with stereo micsExternal Ports

* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

* 3 USB 2.0

* 1 VGA port

* 1 RJ-11 modem connector

* 1 RJ-45 ethernet connector

* S-video TV out

* 2 headphones-out

* 1 mic-in

* 1 IEEE 1394

* Remote control infrared port (remote)

* Cable docking connector

Whats working

Audio

USB

Ethenet

Webcam works but cannot see the webcam window.

What's not working

Mic

Headphones

Wifi

Photobooth shuts down.

If anyone could help me get these fixed !!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP Pavillion dv6000.

7604.jpg

Specifications:

Processor 1.67 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5450

Memory 2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB)

Video Graphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 rpm)

DVD drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Network Card Realtek Ethernet 10/100 integrated network interface

Wireless Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Integrated Wireless LAN

Sound Realtek HDAUDIO ALC268

Expansion slot One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)- webcam with stereo micsExternal Ports

* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

* 3 USB 2.0

* 1 VGA port

* 1 RJ-11 modem connector

* 1 RJ-45 ethernet connector

* S-video TV out

* 2 headphones-out

* 1 mic-in

* 1 IEEE 1394

* Remote control infrared port (remote)

* Cable docking connector

Whats working

Audio

USB

Ethenet

Webcam works but cannot see the webcam window.

What's not working

Mic

Headphones

Wifi

Photobooth shuts down.

If anyone could help me get these fixed !!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Can anyone help please

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help please

Cheers

i need it too..... webcam doesnt work... the light on laptop never turns on... i have 9207 but we pretty much have same webcam and mic... i dont think wiki will work... but i've heard people have gotten webcam to work off the back somehow... can someone please tell how?

guys;

i'm using the same laptop as yours.

My webcam is working fine.

I'm using Leopard4all v3 with NVinject for nvidia go graphic card as well as Conexant HD audio package for the audio. The headset + mic is not working though.

The only hw that is not working in my Hackintosh was my WIFI. So far no solution for Intel 3945 ABG wireless yet.

My only problem now, is the battery run shorter than usual. Only can run for 20 minutes max.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I got a dv6589... (so dv6500 series)

Much of the components are the same. used iatkos v2.0i for my laptop.

So far the only drivers i needed to install were for the audio (ALC268 installer)

as for the other issues:

wireless card (4965agn, and the ones you guys have the 3xxx) there are no stable drivers for them yet, but an easy fix get a dell 1390 card off eaby and swap them out...

webcam: I'm works in ichat, but not photo booth (still trying to fix)

headphones: kinda a weird one, if yours is acting like mine head phone works, but u have to manually switch the output in system preference -> sound..

mic: the audio driver should fix that.

the only problem i have (other than the web cam) is my sleep function doesnt work if someone has a fix for that I would be very much appreciative.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have a Pavillion dv6256us and it seems no matter what I do, I can't make my network card and wi-fi function. I tried the different drivers included in the Kalyway installation disk but I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Please help! what should I do?

I had this laptop, but I could not figure out how to set it right. So I sold it and bought a compaq c700 series.

It works perfectly and I made some money from difference.

Well.. I advise you. If you can, just sell it and buy something compatible.

It's much easier.

Do you know if a Dell Precision M70 will install smoothly? I planned installing Kalyway's Leopard 10.5.2 in it after finishing with the Pavillion dv6256us but now I'm having second thoughts.. :) I don't want to discard the pavillion and then find out the precision is the same

Do you know if a Dell Precision M70 will install smoothly? I planned installing Kalyway's Leopard 10.5.2 in it after finishing with the Pavillion dv6256us but now I'm having second thoughts.. :) I don't want to discard the pavillion and then find out the precision is the same

I installed a HP6745 series with Kalyway 10.5.2 and later upgraded to 10.5.3 without many problems.. Look here at post.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry750125

or search "insanelymac HP dv6700 ( 6785nr ) Kalyway 10.5.2 Installation"

If you have an Intel ABG wifi card THERE IS NO SOLUTION and probable will never be. Buy a dell replacemente wifi card as suggested before and after installing the card, just boot and it will be inmmediatlely recognized without any configuration or anything. I had that wifi card and tried for over 6 months to make it work with certain kext drivers but it just panic eventually.

Cheers.

Thank you all, I finally managed to fix my problem with the Intel PRO/100 VE NIC. No problems so far, runs smoothly, as for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, I found somewhere in the forum a link to a driver but unfortunately didn't work. everyone says the same, probably won't work ever, but I'm hoping it will as I found out people are currently working on a stable driver.

@RSN

Isn't the 10.5.3 upgrade only for SS3? I'm not sure if mine supports it, how do I find out?

see my specs in signature, i was on 10.5.1 for 4 months had no sleep.

10.5.2 sleep works out of the box with vanilla kernel, only had to put ACPIPS2NUB to get keyboard and trackpad back. also had to change the powersource.kext from ACPIplatform to mention the right version of ACPIplatform kext (to 1.2.1)

also had to install another AppleSMBIOS to get rid of system profiler errors then delete extensions.mkext and reboot

also i just did that SLEEP DISPLAY workaround, google it, to be able to get the screen back after display sleep.

now also the auto display sleep and auto system sleep works and they wake fine...lucky me....if there's just a way to get hibernation, i'd be very happiER :)

• 1 month later...

I have A DV6000 HP Pavilion with the same specifications except:

• I don't have a webcam.
  • I don't have a built in mic.
  • Hardrive 80 gb.
  • No light scribe.

I am planning on doing this after upgrading Hardrive to about around 250gb and use XP to dual boot.

Do you think it will work with your tutorial?

Will 10.5.2 kalyway install work better?

(I know some of the specifications on this are not necessary but could help) :(

guys;

i'm using the same laptop as yours.

My webcam is working fine.

I'm using Leopard4all v3 with NVinject for nvidia go graphic card as well as Conexant HD audio package for the audio. The headset + mic is not working though.

The only hw that is not working in my Hackintosh was my WIFI. So far no solution for Intel 3945 ABG wireless yet.

My only problem now, is the battery run shorter than usual. Only can run for 20 minutes max.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

try to install the macbook pro smbios from macnub....to solve your battery problems... that solved power issues on my hp pavilion dv9580us

Hi,

I have the same exact computer as initially outlined and am looking to set up a dual boot. I've had a look around, but I'm completely new to this scene, so would appreciate if you could point me to a solid tutorial to get me up and running quickly. I'm quite handy with the steel, but would prefer something detailed as this whole OSx86 business is foreign to me. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried installing Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP Pavilion DV6426US (specs. below) & the install went fine but when I arrived at the registration screen was where the problems began. Instead of seeing the box to enter registration info all there was, was a blue screen. Could activate audio but could not see anything.

Eventually I installed iDeneb 10.5.4 & everything works except wi-fi. Its read as a MacPro which prevents me from having battery info but apparently there is a fix (Possible Battery Fix for OSX86 Laptops) that could solve that.

I suggest trying that one. If only I could get wi-fi to work then it would be a perfect OS X.

• 2 weeks later...
see my specs in signature, i was on 10.5.1 for 4 months had no sleep.

10.5.2 sleep works out of the box with vanilla kernel, only had to put ACPIPS2NUB to get keyboard and trackpad back. also had to change the powersource.kext from ACPIplatform to mention the right version of ACPIplatform kext (to 1.2.1)

also had to install another AppleSMBIOS to get rid of system profiler errors then delete extensions.mkext and reboot

also i just did that SLEEP DISPLAY workaround, google it, to be able to get the screen back after display sleep.

now also the auto display sleep and auto system sleep works and they wake fine...lucky me....if there's just a way to get hibernation, i'd be very happiER :D

Could you please give more details??? I'm trying to get my DV6663 to sleep...

i have hp dv6755el installed kalyway 10.5.2 then combo update 10.5.3 from kalyway then delta update 10.5.4 everything is fine.after the installation you have to install azalia audio(then everything works),nvkush(before you have to throw out all the nvjekt)in this way works front row,powermanagment has to be installed to to see the battery on top right and finally the HDA patcher for the shutdown,the only thing that does not work is the WiFi card (intel 3495abg)the driver is on test no definitive!it gives panic on start up with update -v,or -v -f command and to make it work it needs 10.5.5 combo update(DO NOT DO IT YET!! IT GIVES KERNEL PANIC!! or NO KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD!!)

• 4 weeks later...

i finally did it thanks to Mysticus C*!!!

i finally updated from kalyway 10.5.2 to kalyway combo 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 and to 10.5.5 using the version 1.2.0 (of Mysticus C* see his post on forum http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=109102&hl) everything works fine(i updated also ,the security update from software update(apple site))

i post my configuration:

i have a hp dv6755el

this is my configuration for post install:

kernel: 9.4.0

chipset : just restore

video :nvkush

audio:just restore

network :just restore

smbios : macbook pro

usb :no tick

acpi-apic : nothing

ps2-battery :test 2 (i tryed 1 first but no keyboard and trackpad)

dsmos fix yes ( )

PCI : yes tick

finaly it works great!!!

• 2 months later...

I have an dv6721la hp pavillion, and im trying to install leopard, i use kalyway, but when i was formating my disk the i/o error woke up, {censored}!! i lose all in my drive, but the problem is not that, is the fact that i cant get leopard in my laptop after that...

IF EVERYONE USE SATA why depelopers dont add this driver to the dvd????? they should...

• 2 weeks later...

I have an HP Pavilion DV6426us, installed iPC 10.5.6 and everything works wonderfully. I need to mention that I've switched out the miniPCI wifi card from the Intel ABG to a miniPCI airport card (Broadcom chipset) and everything works, except the line in and out.

• 8 months later...